Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 08:29 AM

I was wondering if anyone had booked a cruise with the Cruise Marketplace and if so if they had any problems. I was also wondering what the deal is with the incentives, such as spa or excursion credits, offered by some of the online agents. Are they genuine or is there a catch somewhere?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:32 AM

I've known a few people that have booked on-line with other companies besides the cruise lines themselves. Normally the only catch is the booking fee, but they offer other incentives such as spa credit or shipboard credit to offset their fees. I have not heard of any nightmares from any of the people that have booked, I just prefer to book with the cruise line itself (I'm a chicken).
Old 04-06-2006, 06:28 PM

I find that I prefer buying from my local travel agent who's primary business is cruises. They know the cruises I like and will keep an eye out for upgrades and other perks for me. Plus, I have someone to talk to if there are any booking problems.
Unlike airline tickets, you usually pay about the same price for a cruise whether you book on line or through an agent.
It's also good to know you're supporting a local business, someone who is involved in your community to help make it a better place. Internet travel agents don't donate to your local charities.
Happy cruising!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
I have had great luck booking thru the internet-I love the options of exploring the different ships and their itineraries! Some of the sites offer free cruise insurance-a savings of substantial concern.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:01 PM

We booked through expedia.com for our cruise, flights and hotel and were happy with the service.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:55 PM
cruisevaluecenter.com and bestpricecruises.com are excellent web sites to book thru and they will give you free travel insurance-something I've had the experience to have needed in the past!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:35 PM

Strange--I priced out a 4nt cruise with CVC and it was $36 higher than a Travel Agent. So it doesn't sound like that "free" insurance is so free. CVC website also says Free insurance on select sailings. Be careful when booking on the web, everything isn't always what it seems.

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, companies, company, cruise, cruises, forum, marketplace, online, people, review