Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM

Hi,
We are planning our next cruise (after our fabulous last time on the Navigator). Our daughter will be sharing a room with us. Does anyone know if it's better to have a sofa bed vs a pullman bed? (more comfortable, less in the way, etc)Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I've slept in both and I really think the Pullman is more comfortable. Sofa beds are usually pretty "lumpy". However, the sofa bed is just that, a sofa during the day. The Pullman is just in the way. Given a choice, I'll take the Pullman.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 PM

My grandkids slept in them, but they're a lot younger than my me and my wife, and don't mind a little less comfort. Your cabin steward will do all the work getting which ever you have ready for evening, and stowing it away in the morning.

Sonny
Old 05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I would go with the pullman....the sofa bed does get in the way....but some cabins have both....then it's your choice....Happy sailing...

Bob E
Old 05-03-2008, 04:02 PM

We always have a pullman in our room and believe it or not our 3 teenagers argue over who will be able to sleep in the pullman. We have never used the sofa bed but it would definitely be in the way, especially if you got up to go to the washroom in the middle of the night.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. On a voyager class ship, is the pullman located above the loveseat or above the beds? I'm just wondering how that works if its above the bed when it's set up as a queen in a balcony room. I guess I should have asked to see a room with one when I was aboard ship!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 PM
The last 3 cruises we went on we had the bed set up as a queen with the two children in the pullmans above us. the ladders were at the end of the pullmans so it was a little awkward if you needed to use the bathroom but was very do-able. The children prefered the pullmans; they were much more comfortable.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, beds, caribbean, caribean, comfort, cruise, pullman, pullmar, review, rooms, royal, ship, sofa, sofabed, sofabeds, staterooms