Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 AM

My wife and I are going on a cruise on freedom of the seas this december. I am a very large man and wondering if everything will be large enough to accommodate me or will I be uncomfortable for the most part. My main concern is having to walk a lot of stairs and the size of the chairs in the dining room, room balcony chairs, and at the shows.

I was not real happy about booking a cruise mainly because of all the unknown, whether I will be able to "fit" or not, but it means a lot to my wife so I want to make her happy.
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:27 PM

large is a relative term. i would talk to a travel agent. they can give you a better idea. but there are elevators on the ships. my biggest concern for you would be the shower. they are stall showers and don't have a lot of room in the bathroom in general
Old 03-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Hello Bigmoe and welcome to cruise chat. I am a large body too. 6 ft. 260 and chairs and lounges are ample for me. Elevators (or "lifts" as the call them) are on both ends of the ship and in the central parts of the ship.

There is a fare amount of walking from end to end however but no one will be rushing you.

You are a good man for wanting to please your wife. I know there will be plenty to interest you and you will love cruising.

Chef Ken
Old 03-24-2007, 02:14 PM

I cant speak for RCI but on Carnival in the lounge where the shows were the seats were kind of like big couch like things. As Mandi said the showers and bathrooms are small. Chairs in the dining room are much like chiars in a restaurant.

I am also booked on the Freedom of the Seas ths Decemmber if u don't mind me asking..what sailing date are you on?

Ry
Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Hi all and thanks for your responses. Our cruise is Dec. 23. I'm really concerned with the size of the seats in the shows, if they are little the way they are in a typical movie theater of if they are bigger. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:13 PM

i am on the Dec. 9. There are some members on this site that have been on freedom already so they might be able to tell you how big they are.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Hi, I just was on Adventurer of the Seas and it had a lot a elevators and the bathrooms were for from one large women to a large man comfortable. The first thing I did was get in and check to see if the shower doors closed around me. On RCCL they had shower hoses that you could take down and rise with. All in all I found the seating in the dinning areas a little tight but sit on an end chair and in the theater and bars most comfortable. Even the pool was large people friendly. Balcony chairs were comfortable too. I am 340lbs so I know how it feels to worry about fitting in most places when normal people do not have a problem. I found the worst for me was the airplane seats get an extender and hope that they do not put 3 fatties together. That happened to me on our flight home from Puerto Rico. What a pain and discomfort. Good luck and you will enjoy. A sugesstion get a good map of the ship and cut thru the pool areas they seem to be a shorter path.

Caribbean Cruise Tips

Closed Thread