Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 AM

just back from 1st cruise independance of the seas southampton on 25/09 what a greedy greedy company ship , food, service, clean ,100% great in every way but really greedy and so much a money makein machine ,, drink,s way to much $7.99 a beer $spirt& tonic $6.65 omg n every every port of call $12 per person 1 way $24 both way,s .photos $19.95 taken at every port photos with capitain crew ,,in dinning roomin swimming pool in every inch of ship $19.95 duty free shop cheaper than on all port ,s of call will sell you any amount never sayed that going back into english port you are only allowed 200 cig,s & 1 litre of spirt,s (not every one get,s stoped by custom.s which is like airport securtiy amazin entertainment you would pay at ??
Old 09-28-2010, 08:16 AM

will never ever n don,t recommed royal carribean this is a company if your going from southamton plz ask me ?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 AM

WOW!!! This sounds like a case of poor planning on your part. Most everything you list is optional and not required expenses. If you chose to partake in some or all, well, the price was spelled out ahead of time. If this was your first cruise, consider it a learning curve. Yes, things are more expensive on a ship, just like room service at a hotel is more expensive than going out to eat somewhere. If you look at all you get, from food to room to entertainment and recreation, it is a pretty good deal. Consider yourself in the minority on your views and when/if you go again, a little pre-planning will be well worth the time.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 09-28-2010, 09:13 AM

I must agree with electech. I will admit I have never been on RCCL (1st time traveler next month) But have been on a cruise before.
I do know you do have to plan and research prior to boarding. And check out review or chat rooms like this. I learned alot in this site.
On other cruise (Disney) pictures were optional (and expensive). Yes drinks are expensive on all cruises, BUT drinks are expensive on any vacation. Husband and I limit ourselves to about 1 drink each (expensive drinks) and maybe just beer's remaining cruise.
I will admit I never went to port on Disney cruise (other port was Disney's own island..One thing we did get was massage..Learning experience for me..Did not enjoy it.
Like I said I toltaaly agree with electech..100% correct

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM

I also agree with electech. We've been on several cruises and we pretty much decide ahead of time what and how much we're going to allow ourselves to spend. I'm probably in the minority here, but I say you can totally enjoy a cruise without spending an arm and leg on all the extras.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 AM

Hey lanieb, I noticed you are going on the same cruise as me in December. Wait, we are going on the same one in March also. That is some coincidence. Now I remember, you are my DW and I'm pretty sure we share the same cabin. Rickyb
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM

Hi weejack20, welcome back. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time. Port fees are government fees and charged in every port of call for every passenger on every ship. You really don't have to have a drink, there are plenty of free beverages on board, not alcoholic, but free. The pictures do not have to be purchased. The customs/duty limits are imposed by the country you are embarking/debarking from, not the cruise line.

Let's see, the things the ship has control over. Food, Service, Cleanliness of the ship, you rated those 100%. Did you get safely to your ports of call? Did you enjoy your cabin? Did you enjoy your food? Did you research your ports of call before you left? Many ports we've visited, we've walked or taken the city bus to the attraction we wish to visit.

I agree with electech, too. If you do your homework, a cruise can be one of the least expensive vacations you take. I do hope if you go on another one, you'll do some research before you leave. This board is a great place to find information. Best wishes!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM

For your next cruise, you may want to consider an all-inclusive cruise line. The price you pay for this type of cruise already includes all your drinks, tips, room service, shore excursions, etc.

Things like photographs or anything you buy in the stores are always an optional, extra charge. As for government regulations for what you can and can't bring back home, that's something we can't do anything about.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Hey lanieb, I noticed you are going on the same cruise as me in December. Wait, we are going on the same one in March also. That is some coincidence. Now I remember, you are my DW and I'm pretty sure we share the same cabin. Rickyb

Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 AM

I'm sure any cruise line in Europe would be comparable on their prices for drinks. No one is forced to buy what ever it is they're selling. It's totally possible to be on a ship for a week and not spend a dime except for the tips for the service you get. Don't blame the cruise line for trying to make a profit. I'd rather see higher prices for drinks than higher booking prices.
Electech is right on.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
air, caribbean, celebrity, choice, choose, cruise, cruist, drinks, forums, line, oasis, report, rip, royal, sept