Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 12:12 AM

A few brief qualifictions, my wife worked as a Maitre D for 7yrs in the Carribean, and 3 as Gift Shop Manager in the Med, we are both from the UK, she has allways preffered the Med, for one reason, there are less crass Americans, who think that they own the crew,and can treat them with,disrespect, this was my 1st Carib, cruise we stayed for a week before and after in Miami with a Captain who she worked for,we had a suite with a balcony on floor ten, the crew were fantastic, the ship was a bit gauch for me a little like a shopping mall crossed with the vatican, food was good, having lived in the carrib the island were of no interest,this is a profit making Buss so of course R C will attempt to extract as much out of you as possible, I would, you are on holiday if you cant afford it dont go,to my question why cant americans wait for the next lift,why do they insist on pushing in and crushing the innocent or is this an extension of the current political stance, oh I concur with my wife,with the reservation that not all Americans were like thi just a large percentage Kalo Taxidi
Old 04-22-2007, 07:30 AM

You sound like the snob
Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 AM

Im heartbroken that you think that luv2cruise, but if I was a snob would I bother to reply to you,the piece was not only our thoughts but a number of Europeans on the Navigator, and they were a valid critique,and your reply, I sound like a snob, please try harder Kalo Taxidi
Old 04-22-2007, 08:18 AM

While I'm sure that your wife did experience alot of rude Americans over 7 years with a Cruise line (wow-that's a long time!), I would hope that you wouldn't judge us all by the actions of a few. I have been on many cruises, and yes...there are clearly some people who think that because the "paid their fare" that they have the right to be rude to the staff, but I think that is the exception rather than the rule. For the most part, people who save to go on these cruises are truly excited to be there, and so their behavior will reflect that. There will always be some people who cannot be pleased no matter what anyone does for them, but please don't lump us all into one catagory. I truly admire and appreciate the sacrifice and committment to excellence that all the staff on Cruise Ships exhibit, and would never be rude to them. Hopefully others will think about the example they set before behaving badly in the future.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 AM

Funny, in all of our cruises and trips, it's been the opposite experience for us. My husband and I love talking to the staff, and on each cruise, we hear the same thing. That Americans are the most polite, and considerate. Plus they tip the best. I have had several experiences with non-Americans that totally debunk what the original post tried to claim. My best guess is that you have absolutely nothing to do, and decided to stir up some tensions so that you could have your kicks. While I have had Americans be rude, I have had the same problems with non-Americans. And what in the world does politics play in this? Oh yeah, that we don't take cxxx from anyone? As usual, it's jealously and lack of understanding. I would love the opportunity to meet others from Germany besides my husband's brother-in-laws family, because all of them are crude and rude. But because I'm a sensible person with lots of common sense, I would have never thought that all Germans are like them. So Steve, I welcome you to e-mail me at beach_sunone@yahoo.com so that you could get to know me and my family, and I also suggest coming to the states and spending some time with the nicest and most hospitable people on the planet.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Stereotypes are hard to break. Sort of like the stereotype that people from the UK think they have an obligation to lecture the rest of the world on manners. Or that Europeans can't wait to get together and compare notes on how many rude Americans they observed that day. Of course these are baseless and silly.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Administrator

I also wasn't aware that I was making a political statement every time I boarded an elevator. I wonder what the deeper meaning is when I go to the dining room instead of the buffet?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:38 AM

Hi joan of arc, thanks for your offer, but as by September we will have spent 2mnths in America (the weak dollar does wonders for my wife)I feel we have to reused your undoubtedly wonderfull hostility, I will give you some of the examples that caused me to side with my wife views formed when working for Celebity among others, with 80 waiters on her station I suppose I should dismiss her and their views, she is till in contact with a lot of her staff,who regale us with many a tale the bonhome they experience.Staying with an active Captain in Miami, of european extraction also is very informative Joanie or do I call you Arc,
The first morning the people on the next balcony burping and farting as the ate breakfast,the old lady who was crushed in the lift by anumber of drunks who pushed into a full lift the table of 10 men and women in chops grill who were drunk and abused the staff, not an uncommon thing according to the personel who thanked me for interveneing,the group at lunch who wanted to talk about the 43 US troops who had lost there lives in Iraq, when I enquired how many civilian had died on that day, they said Americans dont care about civilians,I would go on arcy, but I have got things to do, plan our next cruise, that is how I got here, I for the 1st time visited this site and read some of the reviews and comments, stir things up, that was not my intention just to comment on our experience,Im sorry if I hit a nerve, but in the U K we have a saying "The truth always hurts" I will not respond to your other rather arrogant statements, and yes having lived on both coasts I no there are some great yanks they just were not on that ship
Old 04-22-2007, 11:52 AM

All that I have to say is that you are truly welcome, on behalf of the brave Americans that gave up their lives to keep you from speaking German instead of English. Plus, for somone from the "UK" your grammer is extremely poor. So I doubt very much that you are from England. auf Wiedersehen
Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM
It must be hard being perfect...I know I'm not, but I still have a great time on a cruise....I just ignore the not-so-nice people on board, but they are usually hard to find....and next time take the stairs instead of the lift...it does wonders for your stiffness....Oh, and I will still cruise with you...no hard feelings:-)

Closed Thread

Tags
americans, cruise, rude