Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2005, 07:43 PM

AHHH! My feet are getting really cold. All this talk about security and cruising has me really concerned. I'm travelling with a girlfriend and wondering if we should even be risking it. Any thoughts?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:43 PM

AHHH! My feet are getting really cold. All this talk about security and cruising has me really concerned. I'm travelling with a girlfriend and wondering if we should even be risking it. Any thoughts?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 PM

Kerri, cruise ships are great, they are safe, but that doesn't mean that people can be stupid. If a person travels to NYC and acts stupid they can put themselves at risk. If they are at a hotel and act stupid any hotel can be unsafe. Ships are floating hotels/resorts. Those who use comman sense will be safe!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:42 PM

I second that advice. Cruises are among the safest places for people to travel - but again, let common sense prevail!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 PM

I have to agree. Security on ships is the tightest that there is and I doubt that it could alarm anyone any more than land based venues. Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 AM

kerri,

I agree with the earlier posters. Being on a cruise is most likely at least as safe as staying at home.

Have a great cruise!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Administrator

kerri,

I have been cruising since 1992 and have never felt even a tinge of fear for my safety. Please don't let the media hype over a couple of incidents concern you. Many in the media love to find faults with cruising. They take something and run with it, and leave the impression that every ship afloat is rife with crime and violence. It simply isn't so. If it were, I would not be taking my 11 year old son on cruises every year - and his first was when he was 2 years old. A ship is much safer than most other vacation options.

Have a great cruise!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:16 AM

Hello,

If you haven't had sufficient input from the other respondents, all of whom write much better than I, stop worrying and go!

I will try to answer any specific questions about security that you might have, but the bottom line is...take simple precautions and most likely you will have a great time.

Fred
Old 12-14-2005, 09:25 AM

Kerri, it's like anything else -- the few bad incidents get all the ink, not the thousands or millions of passengers of all types who go and come without any problems. That's what makes those few "incidents" in the first place. It wouldn't sell newspapers to profile every SAFE cruise or airline passenger. Keep it in perspective.

Sandy
Old 12-14-2005, 09:40 AM

Hi Kerri
I think your seeing trend in this thread. It got to be the best way to travel, and one of the safest. As it ahs been said before don't listen to the media, they blow everything out of context just to sell their newspapers or TV programs. You must take what they say with a LARGE pinch of salt.
Trust us you'll have a great time.....GO FOR IT

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread