Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 AM

Thanks so much for your explanation. Not sure if I will do or not, I guess I'll decide when we get there. I do think it would be a great experience though if I can just get over the height thing. Thanks!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 AM

My family and I are considering doing to the zip line when we go on our cruise in June. Our son is 3 inches short of the height requirement... does anyone know how strict they are, or could you report back after doing it yourself. Thank you! I would appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 AM

Hello riddledr, welcome to Cruise-Chat! They follow the restrictions real close. 3 inchs would be quite obvious to anyone doing the checking.

Sonny
Old 04-02-2008, 07:10 AM

Thank you so much for your reply!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:08 PM

Riddledr- Yes, Sonny is correct. Because of the way the harness fits you they were VERY strict on the height requirement when we went. We had one member in our group checked at sign in and they were told they could not participate. It's just for your own safety!

Sovereign of The Seas
10/01 & 11/05
Mariner of The Seas
12/07 & 11/08
Monarch of The Seas
10/08
Freedom coming up 11/10

Old 04-07-2008, 07:02 AM

Hi...just got back from a 9 niter aboard Explorer. comments about the dragon's breath zip line were pretty much the same: great ride, horrendous stop at the bottom. one gal in our group had a slight back problem afterward. use your best judgement accordingly.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Just got back yesterday from the Mariner and we did do this flight line. We absolutely had a blast! It is a beautiful view from the tower and on the way down. I would do it again in a heartbeat! I also have a son that is about 3" too short and I did not even attempt to try and have him do it. Once you are there and see it, I'm sure you would want to stricly follow the guidelines. We did have one problem that I want to warn you about...we booked the 8:00am flight line after talking with the Excursions desk to make sure that the Adventure Oceans program would be open at that time and they said they would. I called twice! The night before our excursion, I went to Adventure Oceans to triple check and they said that they do not take kids until 9:00am. I explained our situation and one of the workers said she would meet us on the firt tender and take our son with her while setting up on the beach. She was great! So I suggest that you make your flight line excursion at 9:00 or after if you do not have a family member that will not be participating.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-15-2008, 05:03 AM

Thank you so much for the info, that helps us out alot! I appreciate it.

Closed Thread

Tags
amazing, breath, caribbean, dragons, excursion, flight, haiti, kids, labadee, line, review, reviews, river, royal, secret, zip, zl26