Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 AM

I am very excited to say that I am going on a cruise. My friend that I met 21 years ago on a cruise is going with me. She talked about Bermuda but it only goes to 1 port and it stays there 2 days. Anybody ever do this one and what are your thoughts? I want to do the Western caribbean again and I don't think my friend will mind. We both discussed doing the eastern but neither of us seemed thrilled about this and we have done this together back in the 80's. I also want to stay with the larger ship class. Just wanted some input since we need to book this soon.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM

I would much rather go to Bermuda than "Island Hop" the Caribbean. I think that if you choose this cruise, you will wish that you had even more time there! (And you can't go wrong with the RC large ships!) Don't get me wrong, I love the Caribbean, but Bermuda can't be beat!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Bermuda is a pretty island. One beach stands out in my mind and that is Horseshoe Beach. You can take the bus around the island, it's relatively inexpensive and you can see lots of great sites. It's a very clean island and they are very helpful to tourists. I would say it's up to y'all on what ports you want to see. A cruise that visits only one port would be less active, shall we say. I personally enjoy both ports and sea days, but that's my preference. Good luck deciding and let us know what you choose!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Hi Valerie. Bermuda is a favorite destination of mine, so I admit to being biased. You'll have the better part of two days, and will be docked at King's Wharf on the West End of the islands. You have easy bus access there to the south shore beaches Penny mentioned. If it were an option, I'd go with a 7-night Bermuda cruise rather than a 5-night Bermuda cruise. (Sorry for giving you something else to consider.) But, if you should go with the 5-nighter, I'm happy to help with excursion ideas to make the most of your short time there.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Valeries, how nice to "re-cruise" with a friend. You said you have to book soon, so when are you planning your cruise ? Time of year would be a part of my decision, to go Western or Bermuda..
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 10-29-2007, 08:11 PM

We are going to cruise in June. I think I'm still leaning towards Western because I like to go to several ports and I just love Cozumel & Grand Cayman.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 PM

I have to agree with the posters above. I'd much rather go to Bermuda again than the W. Caribbean. I've only taken two cruises and they were to Bermuda and the W. Carib. I'll be doing the W. Carib. again in Jan. and really wish it was to Bermuda instead but it is better for the group I'm going with. I wrote up my Sept cruise to Bermuda on day by day postings here.

Maybe more people will post and vote for W. Caribbean. Those of us who have been to Bermuda (even only once) tend to be passionate about it. Either way, I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 AM

Well my friend & I decided against the Bermuda cruise and went with the western. We have both have done the western but not together. I am very excited and can't wait. We are going on FOS June 22nd. Anyone else going at this time?

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, bermuda, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, cruising, forums, june, review, reviews, royal, stop