Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:48 AM

We just returned from our B2B and had a fantastic time. The ship is in great shape and the crew was awsome.

We usually don't do many excursions ut there is lot's to do on CoCo Cay. It's a beautiful island. Most of the time in Nassau we stay on the ship but everyone sayes Atlantis is fabulous. We did the Stingray tour on Blackbeard's cove and were disappointed in it. Great beach area....just didn't like the enclosed area for the rays.

Key West....if you have time...find the Blond Giraffe and have some Key Lime pie there. Absolutely fabulous!

If you happen to see Janet (waiter) in the Windjammer or in the dining room on deck 3...tell here Barry and Lisa said hello. She's the best waiter we have ever had on a cruise!

Enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM

Hi I am planning for when i go on the 4day bahamas cruise.

I am unsure how the dinning options work. All I know is that I am on the 8.30 time for going to get dinner. Is this a set meal each evening or do I have a option. What sort of food options can I get. Can I get like steaks, chicken with side orders of fries or potatoes. Also at dinner do you have to dress smartly?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I am unsure how the dinning options work.
Welcome to cruise-chat.

You are assigned to the second seating. They have two assigned seating times for dinner, with the other being called "main" or "early" seating at 6pm. These are set times and you are expected to be there at that time. You will be assigned a specific table which is where you will sit for dinner each night. You can change tables or the dinner time. See the dining room manager on embarkation day. They will have a desk set up for those passengers wanting to change.

Alternately, they have a casual dinner in the buffet each night. This will be open for 3 hours or so, and you can come and go when you want during that time. I like to plan when I will eat at the buffet dinner so I can let my dining room waiter and table mates know not to expect me on X night.

Each night will have a different menu in the dining room. However they have some items that are always available in case you don't like the main menu choices. These standing items include steak, salmon, french fries, etc. It isn't a lot of things but you can build a dinner from it.

Dinner dress is casual most nights. For a 4-night cruise you will have one formal night, where a jacket and tie is considered appropriate. The other three nights will be casual, which means slacks and a collared shirt for men. Shorts and t-shirts are never acceptable for dinner dress. I generally wear golf shirts, tropical shirts, docker pants, things like that. You can wear shorts and t-shirts to eat lunch or breakfast in the dining room.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gersy:
Hi I am planning for when i go on the 4day bahamas cruise.

I am unsure how the dinning options work. All I know is that I am on the 8.30 time for going to get dinner. Is this a set meal each evening or do I have a option. What sort of food options can I get. Can I get like steaks, chicken with side orders of fries or potatoes. Also at dinner do you have to dress smartly?

Thanks
You can have a steak each meal if you want. I would reccomend the sirloin over the New Yorker.
there is an option of baked potato. Usually fries are not an option but I did see a waiter bring some to a child. There are also some different chicken options but not every evening.

Big Hint...for great fries, onion rings, malts etc....be sure to go to Johnny Rockets on deck 12!

The casual buffet is in the Windjammer, the other options are Sorrento's pizza (OK) and the Compass Deli (great), both on deck 12.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 08-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gersy:

I am unsure how the dinning options work. All I know is that I am on the 8.30 time for going to get dinner.

Thanks
You are in the second seating for dinner. Dinner in one of the two main dining rooms is a little formal compared to other options onboard. Usually "dressy casual" will work. Personally I was in khakis and a button down, no tie or jacket except for the formal night, which will be the second night. Dinner in the dining room changes each night.

However, you are not obligated to go the dining room for dinner; there are many other options. There will be a buffet style dinner that is casual up in the Windjammer on Deck 12 each night. Specialty restaurant hours vary, so check your daily planner for the hours each day. As earlier stated, if you like burgers and fries, along with milkshakes, then definitely go to Johnny Rockets on Deck 12 when they are open. It is a $3.95 cover charge, but it is all you can eat. Drinks are extra.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-13-2008, 12:58 PM

Wow, this is all great to hear. We are sailing on the Majesty in January.
One question though, How do you know what they are serving in the dining room?
Do they post the dinner menu somewhere or is it a "crap shoot"? My husband is a picky eater - he'll be happy to hear that he can have steak or chicken with fries.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator

The dinner menu for the day is posted outside the dining room entrance, usually early in the day.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 PM

SMF--we will be there in January as well. What are your cruising days?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 PM

I am in the process of booking on this ship.

I am wondering if anyone knows specific cabin numbers on deck 9 that Do Not have an obstructed view???

I have done some research and found that these are possibly obstructed by the life boats. I am just curious before I actually book.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crisinkaz:
SMF--we will be there in January as well. What are your cruising days?
We are cruising on the 26th. We are going to the 24hrs of Daytona the weekend before so we needed a cruise that left on Monday and this worked perfectly for us.
We are going to drive down from Daytona on Sunday, stay somewhere near MIA, return the rental car and hop the rental car shuttle back to the port - well this is the plan anyway.
I have heard that we should be able to do this - Does anyone know or done this before?

Closed Thread

Tags
b2b, cruise, deck, dinner, kind, majesty, obstructive, return, reviews, sea, seas, shirt, stateroom, views, waiter, wear