Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 AM

We are going for Southern carribean cruise with AOS in November. This is our first time cruise. The sailing time is 8:30pm departing from San Juan port. Our plane is scheduled to arrive at San Juan airport around 2:33pm at the same day. Is the time enough?
Thank you.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 AM

Hi lovelingling, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The answer you will receive from almost everyone on this board is to please come in a day ahead of your cruise. This will avoid any stress and give you a chance to relax before sailing. Yes, your plane is scheduled to land at 2:33pm, but that is scheduled. That doesn't mean the plane will actually be on schedule, that doesn't mean that your luggage will actually be on the plane with you, it doesn't mean that you'll even be on the plane. If you've booked a direct flight, better chance. If you're not coming from a bad weather area, better chance. But why take chances. You've spent good money for a cruise and airline tickets. Spend a little more, get a hotel and come in a day or two ahead of your scheduled sail date. Best wishes!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 PM

That is the flight schedule we had last year when we took the AOS. We made it in plenty of time, even with an hour delay going out of MSP. However, it was one of the most stressful days of my life. I took that airfare as part of a package. On my own I agree totally with Penny, travel a day ahead. Mechanical, weather delays--anything, can cause you to miss your cruise. We also buy trip insurance that covers some contingencies.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-29-2009, 09:48 AM

We did that one on our first cruise and flew out that morning as well (woke up to a snow storm) and realize we were lucky to have made it there. We now travel 1 or 2 days early to get a head start and to know we will be there when the ship sails away. I know the cruise lines will try to accomodate you if you have the air/sea package, BUT.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, lovelingling.

Quote:
The sailing time is 8:30pm departing from San Juan port.
Keep in mind that all passengers must be checked in and onboard the ship at least one hour before departure. (Your document package will have the exact window, but it will not be less than one hour.) Do you have a non-stop or connecting flight?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM

Thanks for all of your reply.
It is connecting flight. We will layover at Philadelphia for 1h25m.
Changing flights seems to be expensive since there is a $150/person charge. We have two families with 7 persons in total.
We will do on line check-in and make air arrangements with our agency. We also will buy insurance.
Are there anything else or tips we can do to make this trip?
Thank you.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Hi, Ugh..just went through this simular ordeal on a much smaller cruise so I know how you feel. Due to my CDO (OCD but the letters are in correct order like they should be)(joke) I found some releif by checking the exact flight everyday prior to leaving to see how the arrival times were. Of course once it came time for our flight anything can happen but there was some relief seeing the flight get in on time or a few minutes late most of the time. Wish you well.

Closed Thread