Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 AM

We have another cold temp/snow day. So I am keeping warm thinking about our Apr 9 cruise on soveriegn. I was reading through old posts and a few questions popped into my head. ( i have been on carnival- not sure if procedures etc are the same with RCCL. TIA

1. On Carnival it said to arrive at 1:30. We did and by the time we got on and oriented at all it was 3:30. We later found out the "ship tour" was at noon that day!!!! So we spent 2 of 3 days just finding stuff. I almost missed dinner the first night b/c I couldn't find it!

When do RC cruises do their tours? I am not waiting to 1 to arrive but I don't want to miss that tour.

2. Is there any way to get my kids (16,14,7) "behind the scenes?" Like to see the bridge? without being a repeat cruiser?

3. When on CocoCay I know we don't need much but what about towels?Should we bring one from home? the ship? Are there some there?

4. We are traveling in 2 interior state rooms with uus and 3 kids. We traveled previously with the two teens overhead, the then 4 yr old on a floor cot thing and us in the bed. Worked ok..very cramped but I liked the little one on the floor where she couldn't get hurt.And she felt safe there. This time the boys will get the other room, we will get the second room and where to put the little girl, now 7. Too small for overhead bunks and the boys are 5'7 and 6'2.... Can we request a floor cot? Or will one of the boys have to go up?

I may have more questions..I may be back. Thanks for your help.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 02-15-2007, 05:55 AM

And anyone know why oh why my ticker won't work anymore?

Fixed it..sorry

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Shelby, we were on the Princess with a Balcony statemroom which I'm sure is larger than the inside but we had the queen bed and a upper and lower, we took the mattress off the upper and placed in on the floor so she could sleep next to her sister. Worked very well. Your 7 year old may be ok with the top we had friends use it for their kids and he was 6. Also My husband slept up there one night (6') so it will hold one of your sons. Just don't know how much floor space on the interiors. Hope this helps.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 AM

Shelby, if I were you I would get to the port around noon. There are model ships by every elevator the will show were everything is. I never have seen a tour of the ships I've been on.

Tours aren't given to anyone unless it's a 5 or more night cruise. A bridge and behind the scenes tour is a special privilege. I get to do them because I'm a diamond plus member with over 24 cruises. It don't hurt to ask an officer of the ship if you can get on one of the tours, but don't be disappointed if you can't.

Towels are provided. There will be towels in your room or handed to you when leaving the ship. They also will have some on the island.

Your cabin steward will arrange your bedding for you every night. Just let him know what you want and he or she will oblige you.

If you would like to see pictures of our Sovereign cruise click HERE then click on "SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS"

Sonny
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 AM

Ok, Sonny- Thanks for the info. My daughter and I sat and watched your SOS slide show twice this morning. Very nice pictures. I made the mistake on the last trip that I was so in awe of the sunset/rise I took about 50 pics of those and 5 of the family/ship/ports!

Anyway. Yeah, Carnival had just like an orientation tour the morning of and it was in the Capers too -marked at 12 noon even though boarding was technically 1:30.
I didn't think the bridge tour was possible - my sons might like that- but I figured you never know till you ask - right?

I saw the model ships in your pics. Thats one of the only complaints I had about Carnival is very very poor directions...couple that with staff that don't speak english and that not all decks are "through" . To get from my cabin to dinner I had to go up like 2 floors..down a few halls then up 3 floors.... something crazy like that . The "map" showed hallways that were not there and just ended in a wall or bar. It took us two days to find the kiddie pool too.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 02-15-2007, 08:04 AM

Another question, now that I think of it... I know you only have to have traveled on one other cruise to be a = what is it "gold member" right- not many perks that I saw but- my husband cruised with RC 20 years ago ...so is he a repeat cruiser? His dad arranged it and paid for it(but his dad didn't go)...does that make my husband or his dad a repeat cruiser?
Is he eligible for any perks? Does he have to do anything to get that signified? Does he have to supply some type of proof? Is it even worth it?

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 02-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Your husband is a repeater. It doesn't matter who paid for the cruise, it matters who was listed on the booking and actually took the cruise. He is eligible for Crown And Anchor membership but you have to sign up for it. They will need to know the ship and when he cruised. Although you can sign up online, since this cruise was so long ago it would probably be best to call RCI's Crown And Anchor desk at (800) 526-9723. Sure it is worth it! He will get a coupon book on his next cruise which has some discounts, and you'll both be able to attend the repeater's party.

As you accumulate credits for RCI cruises, your perks will increase and eventually you will be carried aboard the ships on a sedan chair like Sonny!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM

lol...I suppose they probably have his drink preferences memorized by now.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 02-15-2007, 10:31 AM

Dave is right about eligibility for Crown and Anchor membership. I think Dave has it backwards about them carring me on the ship. They carry me off...

Sonny
Old 02-15-2007, 10:48 AM

I remember them asking him on the phone if he had sailed with RC before and he said yes but he couldn't remember the name of the ship.

I was looking back at RC and there weren't many ships out there in 85/86 when he sailed to Bermuda. I think this was ever Pre-Sovereign! I wonder if they will count it?

Being carried off sounds like much more fun.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, carnival, cruise, ends, kids, odds, ship