Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:02 AM

Heh,
I am going on a Western Car. trip to Labaddee, Grand Cay, Cozumel, and Montego Bay with 2 kids 10 and 12, and a husband! What are the excursions we shouldn't miss? Boys love to snorkel! Any suggestions on the highlights. Would love to do a Catamaran trip to snorkel area. Help please!!!! Thanks!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 AM

Hello pwestcruiser, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I would highly recommend the Stingray Island tour in Grand Cayman. I wouldn't book the excursion throught the ship though. I always went with Captain Marvin's. You can find other tour companies on line too. Labadee is a no-brainer. Just get off the ship and enjoy a great beach day with tons of things to do. I'd suggest Chankanaab National Park in Cozumel.

Sonny
Old 03-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi sonny,

We are hoping to book this tour for october, any advise for us would be much appreciated, any day that we should not bother getting off the ship!!??
Old 03-07-2008, 09:09 AM

In Montego bay you'll have to take a tour of some sort since there's not much close by the ship. If I recall correctly there was a shopping center where it's safe to walk to but not much else. This is one island where a ships tour would be recommended even thought you'll probably pay a little extra.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 AM

I would agree with Montego Bay assessment. Captain Marvins or Moby Dicks very good choices for Grand Cayman. Chartered our own boat and had it just the four of us on Cayman this year through Shoretrips.com (Ebanks water tours) $$ but worth it. Would do less other places to afford this again. Stopped many many places. Great guide snorkeled with us. No other people around us anywhere. Saw sea turtle and most fish ever!

Would agree with Chancanaab Park. If you can afford the Royal Dolphin Swim I would book that independently of the ship. Well worth the money and you will only do it once in a lifetime most likely.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Corkgirl, are you refering to the Stingray Island tour? If you are, click on THIS link. I wouldn't stay on the ship unless you've been to a port before. In Montego bay we went to Margaritaville, which isn't too far from the ship. I thought it was worth it.

This water slide was fun.

Sonny
Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 AM

hi pwestcruiser-
i went on the atlantis submarine tour several years back while in the grand cayment island and really enjoyed it. you go along the bottom of the ocean and if you love the ocean life and there was even a statute of a mermaid at the bottom. in cozumel we went on a beach break and were there for several hours and you were able to snorkle there and also several other activities. sonny is right about labadee that is just a stay on the beach day. i stay on the actuall beach the whole time. there are a lot of locals on the beach and you can barter with them for stuff for real cheap. we have a wooden chess set and a wooden walking stick that we would probably pay 5x the price in the states.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 PM

Yes, Captain Marvins is the best for stingray city in Grand Caymen. We went last year and had 3 snorkel stops, the water was amazing and so was the whole experience.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Labadee is GREAT!! Nothing compares to a beach day in the Caribbean.
I also whole heartidly agree on Stingray City tour in Grand Cayman-very cool, whomever you do the tour with; however, I'm too much a chicken and don't want to take even the slightest chance of missing the ship, so I always book through RCCL. I do understand that there are cheaper tour groups on all the islands, but to me, the price difference is so small that it doesn't warrant taking the chance.
I'm sure that there are, also, people who like Montego Bay-I'd be happier if the cruise line lost that island anyhow, but that's, again, just me.
Have a great time!!!

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread