Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM

And that kind of behavior is, of course, not limited to cruises. We had a vacation nearly ruined by unruly, unsupervised teenagers in Mexico in 2000

We made the mistake of going the week after Easter, thinking we would avoid a lot of that. Oh how wrong we were ! First, our reservations were for Playa del Carmen at a mostly adult hotel and we got bumped to a "comparable hotel" in Cancun (NOT!)but that part was the teens fault, but the real disappointment came when we could not get a drink at the bar, could take a beer to our room, could not do most of what we went for because of all the drunk, unruly teenagers. We even witnessed one really drunk young girl run down a small boy with her gas golf cart and laugh about it. We saw teens standing at the bar ordering "just give me whatever will get me drunk the fastest"... I swear, no kidding.

The hotel was nearly trashed and the streets, buses, cabs, etc were awful with so many. I was ashamed on behalf of their parents, but then again, where were their parents?

It was awful and while I think kids/teens should have fun, they also should not ruin the fun of or endanger others.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 PM

bwood12043... You just described most of my cruises in college. Except for the fact that I was the teenager trying to get drunk. Most, not all, of us have had our wild carefree years. I laugh at scenes ( NOT the golf cart scene!) like that and find somewhere else to enjoy myself. Life is far to short to let someone ruin a vacation that you truly deserve.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:29 PM

Dr, you are so right, but it's hard to not let it be disappointing when you have dreamed about it for so long and need the break so bad.

And we did get out of there, as soon as possible, but of course that meant getting into cabs and on buses every day and NOT being able to take advantage of our all inclusive stay.

And yes, we all had our younger years, but I do NOT think that even the wildest our my generation got naked and had sex in the open street and puked in the pools and had NO adults supervision at ALL.

Times have certainly changed.

I do so hope that our upcoming cruise is not plaqued by the same thing. It's in September and most if not all of the teens should be back in school, I hope.

And, we have 3 adjoining balconies, so we should be able to just get away from any problems and call room service.

I am not normally intolerant of others, but some behaviors are just not acceptable in public, no matter where one is or how old.

wishing good cruises to everyone...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Hey there bwood, looking at your sail date tells me we could be two ships passing in the night. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Sonny

Old 07-30-2007, 09:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bwood12043:

And yes, we all had our younger years, but I do NOT think that even the wildest our my generation got naked and had sex in the open street and puked in the pools and had NO adults supervision at ALL.

Times have certainly changed...

I don’t know about your generation but I am in my 33 years old
And believe me there are some things in my past that I am not proud of… and that I will NEVER TELL MY KIDS about them!!!
LOL
Anyhow
I know that the “Quinceañeras” celebration can be a very stressful situation, even for the people participating on it.
During my honeymoon I had the same problem, and even a year later on my anniversary Cruise at The Adventure of the Seas, I had the same case…

But if you are just for the fun of cruising forget about them, enjoy your cruise
For all I know there is always something or someone trying ruin your vacations don’t let them win!!!

I know that a few cruise lines, like Carnival, have specific Cruising dates for this celebrations and they let you know in advance
They are only 3 specific weeks of the year for each ship I believe...
I only believe that the cruise lines should designated an especial date or cruise so everybody can get their “Quinceañeras” celebration at the same time
But they have to let their guest know it in advance so things like this don’t happen again

Sorry about your Cruise I hope the next one will be better.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
quote:
Originally posted by 18andacruiseaddict:
haha oh well what can you do

Expect them to be respectable.

oh of course u can always expect, but dont hold your breath lol
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

Spoken like a true, well, 18 year old.

Closed Thread

Tags
argentina, argentinian, caribbean, cruise, cruises, disney, girls, problems, rc, royal, teen, teenagers, teens, travel, unsupervised