Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Recently took a RCC out of Ft.L and had a great time except for the 50 (40 girls and 10 boys) Argentina teens that were sent on the cruise for ONE of the girls 15th birthday. Can you imagine sending these many kids that, for the most part, were unsupervised on 5 night cruise? They pretty much ran rough shod over and through people in lines, elevators,pool etc..
We've been on two Disney cruises and trust me Disney wouldn't have put up with thier antics very long or possibly wouldn't have let the scenario begin with in the first place. Note to self and others-let the ships crew know early
about problems and it may help curb some behavior.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Recently took a RCC out of Ft.L and had a great time except for the 50 (40 girls and 10 boys) Argentina teens that were sent on the cruise for ONE of the girls 15th birthday. Can you imagine sending these many kids that, for the most part, were unsupervised on 5 night cruise? They pretty much ran rough shod over and through people in lines, elevators,pool etc..
We've been on two Disney cruises and trust me Disney wouldn't have put up with thier antics very long or possibly wouldn't have let the scenario begin with in the first place. Note to self and others-let the ships crew know early
about problems and it may help curb some behavior.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 PM

haha oh well what can you do
Old 07-28-2007, 06:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 18andacruiseaddict:
haha oh well what can you do

Expect them to be respectable.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Hi olwutz, and welcome to cruise-chat.

It sounds like this was a quinceañera -- more info may be found HERE. It's usually a very festive celebration of what is seen as a milestone birthday.

But unless they were violating Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy, there is nothing that can really be done. Bringing it to the attention of the staff so that they can meet with the parents/guardians can only do so much.

For what it's worth, while I am not condoning unsupervised minors, they are not the only group that can cause problems -- it can be any large group. We experienced this on our last cruise, a Celebrity cruise in Europe. There was a large group of adult pax traveling together whose behavior was unbelievable. They even commandeered a public bus in one of our ports, kicking off other pax so they could have the bus to themselves. One of our fellow cruisers was nearly injured in the process. I don't know what came of it, but many pax complained of this group throughout the cruise.

Sorry to hear of your experience. I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your cruise, as I did.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 AM
There is a place for unruly Cruise Passengers...and it isn't Heaven....We've had them on some of our cruises, and the best way to handle it is try to stay away....I guess some people feel that as long as they paid their money...they can be complete IDIOTS....

Happy cruising on your next one......

Bob E
Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Bob, Rumor has it that the Perkins restaurant near you is open. The city of Bloomington and their **** retentive approach to yes, I'll call it legislation, dumbed down the Perkins Flag.

Normally you see it for miles and it could cover a small house. But this one is weenie by Perkins standards.

I'm ready for breakfast or pie whenever you are!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:58 AM

I'm surprised the crew didn't take some measures to calm them down, but I guess they felt out numbered. Sorry this happened, but like Lisa said, hope the rest of your cruise was nice. Best wishes!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 AM

Unfortunately, a large group of teens or adults running "rough shod" over a ship is not illegal and you will find the crew all too willing to overlook rambunctious passengers. If they tried to storm the bridge or disrupt the operation of the ship in any way, security would have stepped in and quelled the uprising. Cutting in line and making a general nuisance of themselves might be highly annoying, but RCCL's position would be that they weren't posing a danger to other passengers or themselves. Sorry, I agree with you but that is just the nature of the beast.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Administrator

On the Carnival Triumph in 2003 we had a large group of "quinces" girls and their entourage aboard. They took over lots of places and it was at times mildly annoying. But I wasn't about to let them ruin it for me, so I just did other things when they were around. Unless they are breaking the rules there is not anything one can do about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
argentina, argentinian, caribbean, cruise, cruises, disney, girls, problems, rc, royal, teen, teenagers, teens, travel, unsupervised