Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:47 AM

When I origanally called about his disabilities, the supervisor knew he wasn't in a wheelchair - I even just asked for a room that was located closer to the elevator. (But sometimes he even has trouble standing early in the morning so the built in shower seat is important. You shouldn't have to be in a wheelchair to have a handicap room. At one point before surgery he was in a wheelchair and couldn't walk at all,and you can't take the scooter in the shower with you, sooo.... the reason for the accessable room. ) She then said we could get an accessable room. It sounds like now we are being judged why we need one.

Thanks for the idea about a scooter, that's an option we will think about.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
so the built in shower seat is important.
Barb, for future cruises, or in case an accessible cabin does not become available, keep in mind that most cruise ships (including Grandeur) will provide a shower stool or chair if you need one. It's not built in, but should be stable. Your agent can request one through the Special Needs Department.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 AM

Sandy, I asked for a shower chair for my hubby,but the supervisor told me they were built in and they didn't have chairs for the showers. I don't understand why I am receiving different info about what they have and don't have. But even if we don't get an accessable room, I will ask for a shower chair and see where that goes.

Thanks again :-)
Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Barb, I called Royal Caribbean to ask if shower chairs are available for cabins on Grandeur, and they told me yes. Maybe your travel agent has to keep calling until she gets the right answer! You're right that they don't seem to agree with each other.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Thanks Sandy! It's a good feeling to get to the bottom of this, now on to the fun we are going to have!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Next time book it yourself and save the trouble. Just another example of what a disaster can result from using unimpassioned travel agents.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Detroit Mark:
Next time book it yourself and save the trouble. Just another example of what a disaster can result from using unimpassioned travel agents.
It sounds like you may have had a bad experience with a travel agent. That is no reason to paint all travel agents with the same brush. The same can be said about any profession. Also, the same incident could have happened with a cruise line representative too. In addition, we are only hearing one side of the story here. Often a lot of information gets left out in translation.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Administrator

I'd like to point out a current thread in the NCL section, where a member booked direct with a cruise line and got a runaround and had to go through supervision to get his booking fixed. If anything, encountering problems with direct bookings are a more common complaint on this forum than are complaints about agents. Who is going to be more "impassioned", an agent working to get a commission or a cruise line employee making a salary?

Problems can happen anywhere.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 AM

I never had this problem with Carnival. They were always very thourough to go over everything on the reservation. Next time though, I will go through a vacation planner through the cruise line. I hate having to go through the travel agent just to get questions answered or to change something. I do have a personal vacation planner on Carnival. Her name is (Name of employee) and she is great!!

Barb

Edited to remove employee name.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 AM

Barb,
That's what Travel Agents are there for; to answer your questions and help you. If you have questions someone has to answer them. You may have a Carnival planner, but that doesn't mean they will always be available every time you call. So you could deal with a different planner, or have to leave a message and wait for the return call. True, the same may be said of working with a travel agent. They may not be available and you have to leave a message. Truth is though, that a lot of travel agents (particularly home based agents) work longer hours and are more available.

Closed Thread

Tags
16, cayman, cruise, dec