Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2005, 10:53 AM

My family and I are looking for a good non-expensive hotel to stay at in Ft lauderdale before our cruise next year on the Enchantment. So far I have found 2 Comfort Inn 2520 stirling rd and Holiday Inn W State street rd 84. They both seem quite close and they offer free shuttle. If anybody has other information that would be helpful that would be great. We wanted something that was close to the airport and the RCCL port. As long as it is nice and clean for 1 night and safe. A pool would be nice but not necessary or good surrounding like resturants.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:10 PM

A few suggestions for you...
Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale on 17th St.
Great for family. A bit pricey but nice spot. Great pool.
Renaissance Hotel on 17thst. Has some good rates now and again. Great location.
AmeriSuites just off 17th but the address may say 17th. Really basic but clean and offers breakfast. Has a small pool too.
Have a great trip!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:23 AM

we've always stayed at the comfort inn in hollywood, FL. they have a free shuttle that picks us up at the airport, they offer a free shuttle to the princess or RC pier, they have a free continental breakfast (with omlettes made as you wait) and they also have a pool. The hotel is within walking distance of a walmart for last minute items, some really nice resturants located in that strip mall and they also have their own resturant. small but quaint. They even offer night time entertainment by the pool side. We've gone back three times. The price is right, it's clean, and offers quite a bit for the dollar.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:16 PM

Nancy what is your take on a good non-exspensive hotel close to port everglades. Someone said the comfort inn but the reviews were horrible, bugs and dirty. Someone told me about Embassy suites or holiday inn express.Enchantment here I come Feb 13th 2006.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:33 PM

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites (on 17th) twice. Very nice hotel, but a bit pricey, as crznchick pointed out. You get the full cooked breakfast in with the room rate, and the restaurant on premises is good, if pricey. Walkable to a pretty good, casual restaurant, and to a small drugstore and other shops in a strip mall too. I've had friends at the Comfort Inn near the airport and they had no complaints.

Closed Thread

Tags
corunna, port