Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Well hello everyone i am not going to make this a long review but I will start off by saying this I am totally hooked!!!!!

Freedom of the Seas: here it is embarkment was long very 10 couples getting married and a lot and I do mean a lot of Diamond and Diamond plus members but that was ok. I have to say ALL the negative reviews i read befire leaving i don't know where those people were but in my opinion the Freedom of the Seas was a wonderfully beautiful ship good food every where i went I enjoyed the food, we were treated like Royalty to a point the staff works hard and they deserve every bit of the tip and then some. So all i can say is on a scale from 1-10 i give it a solid 10, this was my first cruise and God willing it will not be my last. Passports were checked for everytime we left port and came back so it is a good thing to have one. I never felt like there were 3000 plus folks on this ship it was in a word........AWESOME!!!!!
By far the best vacation I have had. I am just sad it is over I have the cruise blues now

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Banned

Welcome back Spritfield!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time!! Can't wait to hear all the details!!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Banned

Welcome back Spritfilled. It feels like you just left. The week flies by, doesn't it? So glad to hear you loved cruising. It certainly is addictive. Did you get to enjoy a warm chocolate melting cake and see for yourself how good they are?
A'ndrea
Old 05-16-2007, 06:56 AM

spritfilled,
Welcome back, best way to get rid of the cruising blues is to book your next one. This way, you always have something to look forward to. I am glad you had a great time. Tell us a little more about your experience. I will be on the Freedom in Sept. with my wife and cannot wait. We leave on the Mariner this weekend and is not coming fast enough, but I must be patient .
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 AM

Glad you has a great time, Spritfilled!

You did tell you that cruising is addictive, didn't we.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-16-2007, 07:19 AM

But the first step to a cure is to be able to admit you are an addict.

"Hi, my name is Jim and I am a cruise junkie..."
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Well like I said embarkation was long but ok, once we got on the ship we went to the Windjammer and the food was soooo good day one and full already, after we ate we went to our rooms, mind you there were 3 of us in one room and we re some healthy women so I thought oh my goodness we are going to be so cramped, this was before I got there but truthfully it was ok I mean we managed well I went to my niece and her husbands cabin to see it and they are really nice size cabins perfect for 2 people we had balcony cabins. We got to the muster drill last so that took all of 5 minutes, then off we went. We had dinner at Leonardos which is the 3rd floor and .......yes we had a window table the view was just beautiful we had 6:00pm seating. out of 7 nights we ate there at least 4 nights. The waiter Elmer was just the best and a cutie too. The shows were wonderful, my sisters got to see the Drifters and one of them was the original drifter. The Ice show was very nice they had a few falls but it was still very good. Now in my opinion the pizza at sorentinos was decent I mean it wasn't Quonset( the best pizza here in waukegan) but it was good. I had the escargot and it was great. Don't miss the promenade parade it was very good. I am really not good at reviews so if you have any questions i will be glad to answer. My niece still likes Carnival better she says this was not as relaxed but she says she had a great time and she thought the ship was beautiful. My 2 sisters loved it. We went to SanJuan it was ok but much like here St Martin was good lots to see but we mainly shopped, I liked st Thomas the best, we shopped a lot there as well. yes we shopped didn't do any shore excursions but we did take tours of each place.

The flow rider is something to see it is a hoot to watch. Oh my goodness we discovered Johnny Rockets and we went at least 3 times this is where my niece really started to like RCCL. At time s there was a little wait for the elevators but hey walk down or up we did. All in all see the shows enjoy the pools eat good and just check out this beautiful ship have a ball We did, I can't tell you all how long it has been since I have laughed so much with my family.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:32 AM

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a great time. Start planning your next cruise, it helps ease the pain of returning to the cold cruel world. Best wishes!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Welcome back Spritfilled. So happy that you had such a good time! Cruising is addictive and all who've said book the next one are absolutely correct!!!! Now that you've sailed in a balcony room as well you may not be able to ever do without one!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 AM

Sprit, welcome back! So glad to hear you and your family had a good time. It's sleep-away camp for all ages!

I'm amazed the ice skaters don't fall more often than they do, considering the floor has moved from the time they jump until they come down! Hard to do jumps on a moving ship. Did you use the spa services at all?

Sandy

Closed Thread