Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   The Themed Pay Restaurants (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/15177-themed-pay-restaurants.html)

JoseMadonna 10-10-2006 03:26 AM

Yes. Hello to all. My family and I are planning to go around Italy taking the Brilliance of the Seas and the route: From Barcelona, then Nice, then Italy, and then back to Barcelona. My uncle, who will be joining us, has one main concern, the food. That's all he f****** cares about and it ****es the hell out of me. He doesn't care about the excursions or the places. Is the food in the Italian restaurant purely Italian or American-style? Does it have an Italian chef? I need to know this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! And, are the rooms spacious enough, like the one with the Ocean view? If 3 people will be staying there for 14 days, will they fit? Will they have enough space? THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!! :-)

DSR 10-10-2006 07:05 AM

I'm not sure about the Italian Restaurant -

I just wanted to say - I think the wording in your email is a little uncalled for.

JoseMadonna 10-10-2006 08:38 AM

Sorry about that DSR and all other cruisers! I just really lost my temper and had to express myself!

MrOctober 10-10-2006 11:34 AM

Leave the Grouch home with some Chef Boyardi Ravioli in a can. and go without him http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

penny3333 10-10-2006 12:05 PM

Sorry I can't answer your question Jose, but I don't think he'll go hungry. Maybe, once he's on board, he'll forget about having to have an Italian chef. Hope y'all have a great cruise, one day I hope to be able to do Spain, Italy, France, Greece, etc., right now I can only afford the Caribbean.

ceemonster 10-10-2006 04:28 PM

Hey Jose'

Well if you are on a cruise rest assured the food will be great. RCCL' specailty restaurants are always exceptional. But if the grouch is a grouch I suggest taking the Canned ravioli for him and let him eat it in his room and eat his share at dinner. On thing I can say about the RCCL chefs is they do cook very well and if you love lamb they cook it great. If you go hungry on the cruise it is your fault. I walk 5 miles on the cruise deck every day so I can eat and not worry about gaining weight.

wesnlin 10-10-2006 08:05 PM

Ceemonster,
What a great idea to stay in shape! Do they have markers to let you know when you have walked a mile, or do you have a pedometer or something? Just curious because I'm not really into the gym workouts.

Thanks,
Linda

travelingandroid 10-14-2006 07:26 PM

We did that cruise a few years ago, and It was wonderful. We hired a private tour guide before we left on the cruise for rome and florence, it was less expensive(for 4 of us) and we got to see what we wanted than the ship excursions. We hired drivers on the dock for nice, corfu, and debrovnik. Had a wonderful time in each city. Saw more than the ship tours, and spent less. They had one Italian night in the dinning room, but it was typical american "nothern Italian cusine"

brneyes 11-09-2006 02:23 PM

Yes, I agree no one should go hungry on a cruise. If they do, it is their own fault. There is normally always something for "picking" people. If nothing else, bring some ziplock bags of food, etc. if necessary.

ceemonster 11-09-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wesnlin:
Ceemonster,
What a great idea to stay in shape! Do they have markers to let you know when you have walked a mile, or do you have a pedometer or something? Just curious because I'm not really into the gym workouts.

Thanks,
Linda
Hey Linda

Most ships that I have been on have a place on their designated walking/jogging area that states how many laps equals a mile. The great thing about walking in the am is that you always have a great view of the sun rising out of the water or island and it is really relaxing but it will keep the pounds off and in my case the alcohol out of the system so that you can do it again today lol.