Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 12:30 PM

I am cruising on Vision of the Seas in October. I do not drink alcohol nor soda. Is bottled water free or do I have to buy it? Does the tap water taste OK? I have no problem filling my own water bottle from the tap and drinking that. I don't want to be paying $3 or $4 for a bottle every time I want a drink of water. Does anyone know how this is handled?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Inkbottle,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com!

Bottled water is not free. This does also apply to the bottle you will find in your cabin.

While it is difficult to predict how the tap water tastes, it has always been okay for me and I am particularly not used to chlorinated water as we have an excellent water quality where I live.

You can get tap water free of charge around the clockin the Windjammer Café (buffet restaurant) on all RCI ships.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
The Tap water is just fine....My wife has a Thermo mug she puts Iced Tea from the Buffet in....works just great....The bottled water in your room is around $3.00...so we always pass...
Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 08-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Just bring a large supply of Aquafina. That way you cover all the bases. You would have tap water that comes bottled.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:20 PM

smile
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM

The tap water on ships is filter. Your stateroom attendant will keep you supplied with ice for your cabin. You can easily avoid paying for bottled water while on your cruise.

Sonny
Old 08-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Just bring a large supply of Aquafina. That way you cover all the bases. You would have tap water that comes bottled.
For those who may not have gotten your point....Aquafina IS tap water. Pepsico has agreed to start saying so (in fine print I presume) on its bottles.

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- PepsiCo Inc. will spell out that its Aquafina bottled water is made with tap water, a concession to the growing environmental and political opposition to the bottled water industry. According to Corporate Accountability International, a U.S. watchdog group, the world's No. 2 beverage company will include the words "Public Water Source" on Aquafina labels.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bottled, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruiseline, faucet, free, line, norwegian, rci, royal, ship, ships, tap, taste, water