Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 11:08 AM

I'm going on my first cruise in a few days! What is the procedure for tipping on RCL? Do I need to bring lotso cash or can I stick my tips on a credit card (along with drinks, I assume)?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2004, 11:08 AM

I'm going on my first cruise in a few days! What is the procedure for tipping on RCL? Do I need to bring lotso cash or can I stick my tips on a credit card (along with drinks, I assume)?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2004, 09:02 AM

You can bring cash for tips if you would like, but everything can be automatically charged to your room. Either way - Enjoy!!!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 AM

Hi Nancy,

I just got back from my cruise on the 21st.....you are going to have a blast!!!

As far as the tipping goes, I didn't know how it worked either. When you get onboard, they set-up a Seapass card that works like a credit card. At the end of your cruise you can either pay it with cash or bill it to your credit card. I had my set-up with my CC right away and avoided all the lines at the end of the cruise with people settling their accounts. Everytime I used my Seapass, it was the same as using my CC. Sometime during your cruise, stop at the desk and charge your tipping to your account. On the last day or so of your cruise, your steward will deliver 4 envelopes to your room. They make it very simple for you and even address them. Then you just put your voucher in the appropiate envelope and hand it to the person when you see them. It is really easy.

The other thing is....everything on the cruise is easy. There are instructions for everything you want to do either printed in their daily newsletter or on their informational channels on TV.

Have a wonderful trip. I wish mine wasn't over!!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:35 AM

One thing that I always do when I have a group is that the tips are added to everyones cruise rate. Everyone really likes that feature on my groups. That way they don't have to worry about it and its not added to their credit cards on the cruise. Its done.

I wish that all cruise lines would just add them into the cruise rate. Holland America does it right with the tips...Tipping is not required...but we all know its built into the cruise rate. Just works out great.

Thanks,
My Vacation Shoppes

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, tip