Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 PM

I am booked on a 3 day cruise to the bahamas from port canaveral on Royal Caribbean and was wondering if anyone knew what night "formal night" would be? We leave on Friday, Saturday we are in Nassau from noon-11pm, then Sunday Coco Cay from 8-5, then we dock Monday morning to go home. I'm just hoping it's not the day we are in Nassau otherwise we will have to rush back to the ship to get ready for formal night. Also does anyone know how they compare to carnival? I've been on carnival twice but this will be my first time on royal carribean and i am very excited! Does anyone know if you can bring wine aboard to drink at dinner for a cork fee? With carnival it's a $10 fee per bottle to do this. I also see there is a sushi bar, does anyone know the surcharge for this? Thanks!!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Administrator

The formal night will be in Nassau. There is no other time to do it given the realities of luggage transfer on the first and last nights. Trust me, on a 3-night cruise formal night is not a big deal.

RCI doesn't allow any personal alcohol brought aboard for consumption, including wine.

There is a charge for the sushi bar on the Monarch Of The Seas. I forget how much it is.

Royal Caribbean is comparable to Carnival in most respects, and this is especially true when comparing older ships such as the Monarch to a Fantasy-class ship of Carnival.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:45 PM

Oh, i'm not happy at all to hear it will be when we are in Nassau. We don't dock until noon and if dinner is around 6pm, then we will have to be on the ship by 4pm to get ready (3 women and only 1 bathroom, lol). Won't have much time at all to enjoy Nassau. And this is the 1st cruise for 1 lady in our group so she will not want to miss formal night. Very disappointed in deed. Thank you so much for giving me the info!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 AM

Lindalou76- A couple of you could take your clothes and go up to the spa and use their showers. That way you can cut down on the time needed to get ready. I travel with my 3 teen girls and my wife and we do this when time is tight and we all need to shower. It makes things easier.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM

Lindalou76, you can still go back out after dinner. Y'all could go over to the Atlantis after dinner and go to the beach or shopping during the day. I really wouldn't hang around the dock area at night, but the Atlantis would be fine.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 PM

Well we are all booked. We decided to do the late dinner so it won't be till 8:30. If we get off the boat around noon we should be able to be back on by 6pm to get ready for dinner. I've been to Atlantis twice, but 2 of the ladies have never been before so they may want to go. But i think 6 hrs will be plenty to see Atlantis and to shop a bit. Thanks for the advice!!

Closed Thread

Tags
3day, bahamas, captains, caribbean, cruise, day, dinner, formal, monarch, night, nightsw, nite, question, rc, rcl, royal