Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2006, 06:41 PM

My wife and I (50 yr old) booking a first time cruise.

Going to Alaska on 9/2 which cruise ship do you recommend: RCCL Radiance of Seas or Princess Diamond.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 06:59 PM

A lot will depend on your personal preferences. Do you like lots of activities to choose from, or do you plan to spend most of your time watching the scenery? (RCCL has the edge on activities, especially onboard.) Would you prefer having an assigned dining table and time every night, or would you rather have a more flexible schedule and just eat dinner whenever you feel like it? (If the latter, choose Princess.) Will you be doing a land tour of Alaska before or after your cruise? Princess has their own lodges, although both cruise lines have special dome cars on the RR. Princess may have a slightly older clientele onboard (averaging 50s instead of 40s), although that varies each sailing.

Have you met with a cruise-oriented travel agent? They may be able to help you decide which cruise line you'll be more comfortable with. Both are beautiful ships.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:36 PM

You may want to consider the fact that the Radiance class ships are thought to be most beautiful ships on the oceans, by most cruisers. Glass from floor to ceiling to enjoy your view of Alaska.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:47 AM

I would also look at the itinerary. To many people visiting Glacier Bay is a highlight of their Alaska cuise. RCI does not visit Glacier Bay, but Princess does. If you are doing a cruise/tour the new train station in Whittier is very nice with Princess to go right from ship to train.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:14 PM

I agree with Karen - you owe it to yourself to book through a knowlegeable, cruise-oriented travel agent. Another cruise option you may want to consider would be on Regent's Mariner or Voyager. I've sailed on Voyager and she is a beautiful, all veranda ship with wonderful service, great food and delightful entertainment.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, crusie, diamonds, princess, radiance, royal, seas, tour, verse