Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

??????????
Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM

CRUISELOVER94

Noone knows which direction pricing will go on any given cruise. One thing is pretty sure, the price will change. Some go up and some go down. When it's based on availability it's like the stock market, could go either way depending on the volume of bookings.

My recommendation is always book early and keep an eye on the price. If it goes up you're protected. If it goes down call your T/A and have the get the cruise line to adjust it to the new fare (assuming it's not yet in penalty). With RCI they are pretty good at working with you (or your T/A) even after you hit the penalty phase. They may not always refund the diff but if they don't they'll usually give you an upgrade or onboad credit for the diff. Carnival, RCI and Celeb are the best at allowing adjustments after penalty begins.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-28-2007, 07:53 PM
cruiselover94-I book as far in advance as I can,seldomly have I seen prices get any lower.With fuel costs and other cruiseline expenses on the rise it makes sense to book early-caution-always get cruise insurance to cover any eventuality!!My currently scheduled cruise aboard the new NCL Gem has more than doubled in price for my stateroom category!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Or when pigs fly.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:24 PM

I suppose when the Genesis class comes out, the Freedom prices won't seem so high. I'm scared to see those prices. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 PM
It depends on when you are cruising. I find cruises in November and December excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years cruises drop startng about September. Last year we got a great 5 day cruise from PC to Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay and Nassau for $249.00pp oceanview. We booked about 10 days prior. We are sailing again in Nov and I am anxious to book but I want that great deal! I do not mind booking now but there will be a group of about 20 family members and they all want to get the best deal.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:06 AM
What's the penalty phase?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Penalty phase means when you get withing X number of days of the sailing and you start losing money if you cancel your booking.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:51 PM

SanDee,

If you're planning for multiple cabins definatly book as early as possibe. I assume you want cabins in the same area of the ship. There will most likely be a cabin or two that require more than two pax. As time goes by cabin availabilty will become an issue. Especailly if any of them are needed as quads or triples (more than 2 pax in same cabin). If the cruise drops but they take the new lowesr priced categories to "Guarantee Status", meaning random assignment of remaining inventory you can't choose your cabins at all. If you opt out of the promotional rates so you can choose it's normally MUCH higher. Only Carnival allows more than 2 to a cabin for Guarantees at all.

When you need a simple cabin for two and don't care where they put you, last minute there can be some great cruise pricing. If any other criteria must be met book as early as you can agree on a ship and date.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 PM

Hard to say, but I can't say exactly WHY the prices should go down!
By now, the prices for Liberty is a little lower than Freedom actually,
and the Freedom-prices is not so far away from the voyager-prices.
It's the Freedom class, and everyone wants to "taste" it
Maybe we got to wait for the Genesis for the prices to go down

Closed Thread