Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2005, 12:48 PM

we just returned from the SOS on 4/29/05. The food was great, our waiter,Francis was wonderful and our cabin attendent, Benjimen was really great(deck 4) the only problem we found was that they crowded the dining rooms with to many tables, they were very close, even the waiters could not move between them to serve, not their fault but the designers fault, we put that on our comment card, rooms are slightly smaller but the bathrooms are somewhat larger. I like the smaller ship but if I ever take another cruise, NEVER will I go with family, I would rather go with girlfriends.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:53 PM

Dolphin, it sounds like there is a story about family that occured on this cruise. Any words of advice?

Tom
Old 05-09-2005, 09:43 AM

The only thing I can say is that sometimes traveling with family can be miserable, I wanted to go swimming with dolphins, had reservations but found out that dress up night was for Wed. not Tuesday as I was told by RRCL, I had the last reservation for swimming with dolphins on Wed. @ 3:00pm, to late to get back for early seating for dinner. I was looking forward to this since I need to have my thyroid removed soon, I just wanted to have a really good time with the dolphins, like a jerk, I cancelled the reservation. My husband said it was my choice and I should decide what I wanted to do, but then he said all of the family would miss me at dinner and that he wanted me to be with him at dinner, we went with his Mother and step father and my daughter and son in law. I planned this cruise for a year. He said I ruined everyone's cruise. also alot of verbal abuse from him and no apology but I apologized to everyone for that but they also had done things to ruin the cruise. it was like being on a cruise with "Everybody Loves Raymond"
Old 05-09-2005, 06:45 PM

Should have swam with the dolphins, just my opinion and I will probably live to regret it. I hope your procedure turns out better than expected.

Tom
Old 05-09-2005, 08:30 PM

I second Tom's choice. Since you can't please all the others, please yourself!

David Landry
Old 05-10-2005, 05:47 AM

Dolphin,
Since you cancelled your plans to be with the family - can't imagine why YOU were the one to ruin everyone's vacation and had to deal with the verbal abuse. I guess I will join Tom in putting my 2 cents where it doesn't belong, but had it been me - I would have swam with the Dolphins and NOT felt the need to apologize for it! Please keep us posted on the medical proceedings and how you are fairing - wish you all the best!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-11-2005, 07:32 AM

I know I should have just went swimming with the dolphins,and I called my in laws and apologized(duh) I guess I was brought up differant than them, I saw the doctor yesterday and the surgery is scheduled for July 7th. My Kristy(my dog) is having surgery to remove a nail on her back paw on June 27th, I know both of us will be fine, with God all things are possible. I just want to thank all of you for being there when family isn't. I will swim with the dolphins, maybe in Florida at discovery cove.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:45 AM

Good for you! Keep us posted, we're here for you!

David Landry
Old 05-11-2005, 08:12 AM

Thanks to all of you, whoever is going on a cruise in the future "ENJOY"
Old 05-11-2005, 08:14 AM

Today would have been my Dad's 89th birthday, he passed away in 2000, I know he is in a better place, he was my best friend and a great man. Happy Birthday Dad. I love you

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, sos