Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM

If I remember correctly, when Freedom was first offered for bookings the rates quickly spiraled upward. I can remember looking at rates around $1600. + per person for a basic inside cabin. They came down later but these ships still come at a premium over similar itineraries on other ships.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Administrator

The Freedom pricing for that first cruise was crazy. We paid well over $5,000 for a standard balcony cabin.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:59 PM

I don't remember how much we paid for that first cruise on the Freedom, but I remember it was expensive enough, that I didn't even consider a balcony. It was me, my husband and son. A few months before we sailed, the price dropped, and we got a credit refund of $700. That helped alot. Maybe that will happen to the Oasis. Outrageous prices in the beginning. The ship isn't filling up, and they drop the price. Most people will have to fly, I assume, to get there. If airfares are still ridiculous due to gas prices, people might be more reluctant to fly. Maybe they might have a hard time filling the ship up. Oh well, I guess we'll find out.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
we got a credit refund of $700
As I recall, we alerted you to the lower price right here in the forum! It was still a high price, even after they cut it a bit. I remember meeting you and your husband at the pool bar (you had a Rolling Stones hat, I think) and your husband was talking to a British guy. My often too thorough memory - as Mr. Monk says "it is a gift and also a curse."

Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM

Yup, that was us. I still wear that hat. Well, how tempted are you to book on the first Oasis cruise? Fortunately, with the husband's college schedule, I hope it won't even be an option/temptation for us. But I am going to book a eastern carib on her, or her sister ship. We've only done western carib. BTW-how is you wife? Is she back to baseline now?? Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, how tempted are you to book on the first Oasis cruise?
Ain't gonna happen. I don't want to do that again unless it is free. We'll book the ship for a later date.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, caribbean, crown, cruise, deck, forum, forums, latest, lounge, monarch, oasis, pool, review, reviews, rooms, royal, seas, ship, viking, walk