Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 11:20 PM

I just found the website for Oasis where you can look at images and videos of the new ship, I didn't know if anyone has posted about it yet, if so i'm sorry for the double post.

I think it is amazing how they have created the open area called "central park" and have balcony rooms over looking it.

www.oasisoftheseas.com

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 AM

The new Tide bar will take 25 minutes to move between three decks. Announcements will be coming soon on further new amenities for the ship. It should be fabulous to see.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM

with the Rising Tide bar, can you get on and off while its moving? or are you stuck on it (or off it) for that 25 minute period?

also, i was thinking about that bar more after looking at it – is it really that cool of a concept? it seems to me like it might be one of those things people talk about alot, but once they actually try it out, it won't be quite as impressive

i think i would like it better if it started on the top deck, then rose a few levels above that - so you really have a great view of the entire ship....it wouldnt even need to rise up, it could just be a bar permanently on a platform above the ship
Old 06-12-2008, 09:59 AM

That's what I loved about the older RCL ships. They had a really neat bar in the stacks. I can't remember the name of the bar, but it was a good ways above the ship. SonnyV, what was the name of that? It was back in the 80s. Great view and I loved going there when you were leaving port.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Penny, Are you referring to the Viking Crown lounge? It is on every RCI ship. It does have great views. It's a nice spot to have a before dinner drink.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Are bar in the stacks? I've never seen it on any of the ships I've been on…then again, I've only been cruising since 1993. The bar that comes to mind is the Viking Lounge, which over looks the entire pool deck area. Here is a picture looking out from the Viking Lounge on the Monarch of the Seas, which is one of the older ships...

Sonny
Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Administrator

The Disney ships have a fake stack that contains a sport bar.

The evolution of the Viking Crown has been something. I remember the Song Of America and it's lounge was small, but the Sun Viking and ships of that class - they were just tiny bars with a few stools from what I've seen.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 PM

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I called RCCL to see when they are going to start booking it. The gal said she heard August. She said she also heard it was going to do eastern and western caribb. With my husband being in college, we won't be able to sail on her till Jan or the summer of 2010. Maybe, by then the price will have dropped some, with the Allure coming out that year. I am dreading to see the price tag. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM

The first two weeks will be opened up for Crown and Anchor members only to make reservations.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Administrator

I remember on the Freedom's first revenue cruise - we had so many C&A members aboard they had to break the member parties up and we had them on the ice rink, with chafing dishes set up on the rink itself for us to serve ourselves. I preferred it that way, instead of trying to get what snacks you wanted from the wandering waiters.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, caribbean, crown, cruise, deck, forum, forums, latest, lounge, monarch, oasis, pool, review, reviews, rooms, royal, seas, ship, viking, walk