Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Administrator

I just received my proxy materials from RCCL. I was quite happy to vote against re-electing all the board members listed (including Richard Fain) and also to vote "for" the shareholders proposal to change the board member terms so they are not staggered (the board recommended voting against it).

It probably won't matter since these things are typically rubber-stamp meetings and more about the refreshments and glad-handing than anything meaningful. But at least I recorded my lack of faith in the current regime.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Let's hope you are pleasantly surprised by how many shareholders are also unhappy with the current regime. Even if nothing changes, they will at least know that somebody is watching.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 AM

It would be fantastic, if one of these times, shareholders showed up to the meeting. Was it Citigroup that had that happen recently? Yet they voted to keep the current board members. Doesn't make any sense to me. Oust them all, start with someone that cares about the company instead of their bonus or tie the bonuses to company performance-like it should be in the first place.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Many years ago the NRA had a members revolt at their annual convention where the long-entrenched board of directors was stood up to and many changes were forced down their throats. I guess they were stunned that so many voting members showed up, and they were not in lock-step with the board.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruises, lines, meeting, meetting, rccl, royal, shareholder, shareholders, shareholdres, stockholders