Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Hi everyone, Just wanted to pass this along. I just read in one of the trades that effective January 2008 smoking will not be permitted in guest staterooms. With the exception of Legend of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, and Splendour of the Seas. They will follow suit in summer 2008. The new policy will also make one bar or lounge non-smoking on all the ships.

Dwayne
Old 11-18-2007, 10:12 AM

I've been on 7 cruises with Carnival, RC, Norwegian and Princess and I have NEVER seen any ship that lets you smoke in the stateroom. The first thing they tell you at the rescue drill is not to smoke in your room. It's very dangerous. Would you want some drunk next door to you starting a fire in his room? Every ship I've been on has smoking areas both inside and outside. They all had many non-smoking lounges and of course, all the restaurants, but I've always been able to find a place to enjoy a cigarette when I wanted on. So to all you smokers...PLEASE don't smoke in your room and don't worry, there are bars that allow it.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:21 AM
well as I remember you can smoke on your stateroom if you have a balcony or a suite, only on inside rooms is prohibit smoking
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM

Royal Caribbean does NOT allow smoking in state rooms. However, smoking is allowed on balconies. This will be fleet wide escept for 3 ships as of January 1, 2008. There will also be one smoke free lounge.

Sonny
Old 11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Administrator

According to the original press release that announced the changes, "Guests wishing to smoke may still do so from starboard outer decks, in designated areas in bars and lounges, and on stateroom and suite balconies." Of course, there could have been some modifications since then. Yet, as it stands, smoking will not be permitted in the staterooms themselves, but will be permitted on private balconies.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
AMEN:-)

Bob E
Old 11-18-2007, 05:37 PM

Lisa, Thanks for posting a direct link to the press release. I was reading it in a trade publication. Here is the link.

Sonny, I didn't mean to start a debate. Just passing along info.

Javert, All the cruise lines you mentioned do in fact allow smoking in staterooms at this time. It might be a miss-conception if one does not see an ashtray or smell smoke that it is a non-smoking area.

I thought it was post worthy, as RCI will be the first of the larger lines to implement this policy.

Dwayne
Old 11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Royal Caribbean does NOT allow smoking in state rooms. However, smoking is allowed on balconies.
Sorry
I lost something during translation (Spanish to english) that's was I trying to say my bad

Casanova
Old 11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Dwayne, thank you for posting the newer link from the trades. It's a good reminder for those who have cruises early in the year who might have forgotten about this policy change.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, areas, caribbean, cruise, policy, rc, royal, seas, ship, ships, smoking, splendour