Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 10:57 AM

hello,

My wife and I have been on 15 cruises and we are planning a 4 day cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in late November. I would appreciate responses as to the condition of this ship. I am not a picky or critical person but are there any serious problems with this ship?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 AM

We are going Thanksgiving weekend and I would love to hear the answer to this question also!
Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 PM

We went on Monarch in 2000 and our inside cabin was quite small. There was very little storage space and we had to keep our stuff in our suitcases under the bed. We got used to it but it wasn't a great cabin.

HOWEVER, we ended up having a wonderful time!

This was a southern Caribbean cruise and we loved the ports. Some lovely strangers at our table felt like old friends within a day or so. The food was terrific. The shows were wonderful. Our room steward, our waiters, and everything else on the cruise with the exception of our cabin were first rate.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:22 PM

We were on the Monarch in May of this year. We had an inner cabin on deck 5. As Marian said, the inner cabins are very small. As most cruisers mention, you do not really spend a lot of time in your cabin.

It's one of RCI's older ships but it was clean and well kept just like all the other RCI ships we've been on. We've been on Voyager, Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships on RCI. Some are newer than others but all are well maintained and loads of fun.

We're going on the Sovereign next week which is a sister ship of the Monarch. We have an outer cabin on deck 2 this time (portal instead of window). It will also be a tiny cabin.

Tim

RCI Radiance of the Seas - Aug 05
RCI Monarch of the Seas - May 05
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Mar 05
NCL Norwegian Dawn - Jun 04
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Feb 04
Golden Princess - Sep 03
RCI Vision of the Seas - May 03
RCI Brilliance of the Seas - Sep 02
NCL Norwegian Star - May 02
Old 11-04-2005, 11:18 AM

My wife and daughter and I will be going on the Monarch Dec 5 to Ensenada. Let us know how your cruise was, HAVE FUN!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:52 PM

We are also scheduled to cruise on Dec 5th. Its a family reunion and we are all very excited. I enjoy reading the postings of everyone who has gone on the Monarch and those scheduled to depart on the same day as us.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:26 AM

I was just told that our sailing (Thanksgiving weekend) was "not very full". Yikes! I sure hope its not because of the condition of the ship!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Hello,

You will have a fun time, but just do not expect a first class cruise and clientele on this ship.

Fred
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 PM

We were on the Monarch on the October 14, 2005 for our first cruise and found the ship to be in good condition and the staff was great. We had a Deck 4 inside cabin, it was small, but OK. Had a great time.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:14 PM

We just got back this morning from the 3 day cruise...it was okay but not at the top of my list of cruises. You can definately tell there is a plumbing problem--there were lots of fans outside of staterooms to dry carpets,etc. Our sink would not drain all the way and the bathroom floor flooded when we drained the bathtub but we called to have it fixed and they came right away. Some of the public restrooms definatly smelled like sewage. The food was
so-so--not as good as the past RCCL cruises we have taken (except for the clam chowder and strip steak last night which was excellent!) The comedian on the last night was great--one of the best shows I've seen on a cruise ship(not to be confused with the comedian on the first night which was not!). All in all it was nice to get away for the weekend but if this had been my first cruise ever, I'm not sure I would be in a hurry to cruise again! To me, it did not accurately represent what a cruise experience should be...

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, caribbean, condition, cruise, monarch, october, plumbing, problems, reviews, royal, seas, sewage, ship