Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 PM

i just got back from my 4 day cruise on the majesty of the seas...it was incredible!! our ports of call were nassau, cococay and key west and anyone who gave this cruise a bad review must just be the type that looks for the glass half empty in everything they do. everything about our trip was perfect. just wanted to thank everyone who answered all of my "silly" questions in the months before my cruise. you all were a tremendous help! and maybe now i will be able to answer other first time cruisers questions too. i'm already looking forward to my next cruise!!

Caribbean Restaurants & Dining
Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM

Hi sether,
this is like cruise-chat works. First you ask some (as you say silly) question. And very soon your learned, that there exists no question to be declared as silly. You can ask all you want - because once upon a time we too were first cruisers....
Now you have your first expression: wonderful.
You now are infectes with the virus cruising.
Welcome aboard
us cruise fanatics.
And since now you can give us advices too.
Regards
uwe
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 AM

Hi sether!

I will be on this cruise too in december, so maybe you can give me some help about excursions in Nassau. Is it better to book on the ship, or is it possible to make it of our own. Thanks for your help and best wishes from Munich.

Toni
www.traveltoni.de
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 AM

Welcome back, Sether! So glad to hear you had a good time. I love the Majesty and usually sail her a couple of times a year for little 3-night weekend getaways. I never get tired of that ship.

So when is your next cruise?

Sandy
Old 10-17-2006, 06:38 AM

Glad to hear you had a great time. Hope you tried some key lime pie at the Blond Giraffe in Key West, if not, guess you'll have to book another cruise Thank you for your review, it's wonderful to hear positive feed back!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:15 AM

Nice to know your cruise went well Sether!

I'm going next March and I am super excited already.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:17 PM

i don't know when my next cruise is yet but hopefully next time i will make it to the blonde giraffe it was extremely hot the day we were in key west so we didn't walk back down the street to where it was. i wish we would have now, of course! in we didn't pre book any excursions, we just played it by ear and that worked very well for us. when we got to nassau my boyfriend stopped to talk to one of the vendors who bombarded us and ended up renting a scooter/moped for $50 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. very reasonable and if we get to go back there i guarantee that we'll be doing that again. it was great to see the island of our own accord and on our own time. we even parked it and went back to the ship for lunch. we went to paradise island and the queens staircase as well as another beach that was practically deserted. we loved it and didn't have to pay for a guided tour that way. i would highly recommend the scooter rental! then you can drive around and do whatever interests you. we didn't book excursions for cococay either, we just got off the boat as soon as we could in the morning and it was so beautiful! before the majority of the people got there the water was the clearest i've ever seen. and we rented a kayak for $15 every 30 minutes instead of the more expensive instructed kayaking excursion and then we rented our own snorkeling equipment and did that ourselves too. i think it was $54 for my boyfriend and myself. then we napped in hammocks for an hour. that place is paradise. i wish we had done a guided tour in key west, or maybe taken the trolley. we walked to the southernmost point and hemingway house. it just seemed like there was a lot to see that we missed. oh well, all the more reason to go back!

Caribbean Restaurants & Dining

Closed Thread

Tags
key, rental, scooter, west