Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 PM

at this point we have second seating with our family- this worries me since we have three kids (10,8,3) our TA said we can talk to the Maitre'D when we get on the ship to see if it can be changed- what do you think the chances of this happening is?

Mikki
Old 12-01-2006, 02:40 PM

Hello Mikki,

We have done both the early and late seating. If I were you, I would do the early seating. It usually is around 6 pm. I would go ahead and have the TA change it ahead of time instead of risking no available tables. There are always places to eat but you don't want to miss out on the dining room experience.

There are pros and cons to both times. With early seating, you finish in time to catch an earlier show, use the pool or other activities before it gets real late and then you can have room left for a bedtime snack. The downside to early seating is having to be back to the ship while at port earlier to get ready for dinner. But, with small kids, I would go for early seating. Good luck.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-02-2006, 09:22 AM

ttrmom,
It is possible that on your particular sailing early seating is already full, which is why your TA told you to check with the Maitre'd once onboard. If that's the case, make sure your TA wait lists you for early seating. Then if you are still assigned second seating then do see the maitre'd right away and explain your concern. If it is at all possible your request will be honored (This happens all the time and in most cases the dining time can be changed).

I agree with Bruse, if at all possible you are much better off dining at early seating based on the ages of your children. Finishing dinner at 10 PM may be a veey difficult feat for your 3 yr. old.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread