Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 07:22 AM

just a quick note.....i went about three weeks ago to take care of my passport...it arived about a week and a half later. i was shocked..as they said it would take 8 weeks...it was not much hasel at all..i made an appoitment at the post office...it took about 15 mins and cost 67 dollars for the pass port and 30 for the post office processing fee..now im all set!!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by verucalynn79:
it took about 15 mins and cost 67 dollars for the pass port and 30 for the post office processing fee..now im all set!!
And when you figure the passport is good for about 10 years, that comes to a little under $10 per year.

Shelby, did you find out whether your son's friend will be 18 by the embarkation date? As noted above, that makes a big difference.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:47 PM

Yes, he will be 18 by the date we leave.
As far as getting passports. When we took our first cruise 4 years ago we were all shocked that my husband wanted to go. It was , what we thought, a once on a lifetime trip- he is a total homebody. So no at that time we didn't bother besides it was 3 days nassau and back. Well hubby cashed in on some investments and surprised us again a year later with a second cruise with not even enough time to get them. Now here we are going on our third..but again this is the last of the investment money and like I said early with 3 in college within 3 years..we almost certainly will not be going on any more vacations for quite a while. $100 isn't a huge deal until you multiply that by 5. It is a hgue burden. We may take someones advice and stagger them so by the time the kids are out of college we can go again.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 10-27-2007, 07:13 AM

Shelby,
I have a form that I found that gives you consent for both the airline and/or the cruise. Also, just in case you forgot you will also need a letter and a copy of his medical insurance coverage card in order to be able to provide the services necessary if it should become necessary. If you would send me your e-mail address I can send you a copy of it. My e-mail is: lois@hightechnh.com
Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 AM

I am taking my 2 kids and my daughter friends on our first cruise in April.. My daughters father passed away and my sons father, we are divorced i have sole custody. Also the friend we are taking her mother is passed away.. Do i really need to take the death certificates and divorce papers with me?

My ex is so jealous of anything we do, i know he prob wouldnt sign a consent.. but i have custody and he hasnt seen him in a year.

El Greco: Jamaica Resort
Old 10-27-2007, 03:02 PM

Along with all the other advice, I would also get a list of any meds he may be allergic to and any known allergies. Also, is he taking any meds. Like someone else said, make sure and have something in writing and notarized that gives you permission to allow for his medical care in the unfortunate chance it may be needed.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Ohio Cruiser,

If you have been granted custody by a court, you can obtain a certified copy of the court order from the Clerk's office of the Court. I would consider sending in the documentation in copy form to the cruise line ahead of time, and trying to get a letter stating that all is in order.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, child, children, cruise, elses, form, friend, minor, permission, related, royal, slip, sons, taking, traveling