Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 07:58 AM
I was just wondering if any of you ever get cruise burn out I mean many of you have done anywhere from 10 to 30 or 40 cruises and some even 2 or 3 times a year I mean I can't wait to do my 2nd one so it is all excitement for me but 10,20,30,40 cruises is it still exciteing?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't think they burn out, just look at SONNY stickers. After 30+ cruises, he still going strong. I can't wait to do my 2nd. It'd be so nice if we had enough money to do it at least once every year. SONNY once said, "Cruising can be addicting." well I didn't listen and look what happened.I think about cruises every day, even when I sleep. Sometimes I thought I went crazy or something
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM

We'll be on our 19th in November and I'm just as excited, maybe more, than my first one. Don't think I'll ever tire of cruising. Wish I could afford to do one or more each month!! Tanyababanya, you're not crazy at all. My best dreams are cruising dreams.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 AM

We had done several years of all inclusives before we found that cruising was the way we really prefer to go and look forward to our 5th as soon as perhaps next spring when my wife has the time to cruise due to her line of work.

We are hooked, and have landed a couple of our friends and relatives as well.

Peter1

Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 AM

I only wonder about getting tired of the same ports. With limited time in port, at least you can do the other excursions on the 2nd or 3rd visit. That's the only burn out I see.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

I have never become bored or jaded. Having been to just about every possible stop in the Caribbean, we now cruise for the ship experience and relaxation. For the experienced cruiser, staying aboard while at a port is a real joy. Take last year on the Freedom Of The Seas for us...we went to lunch at Margaritaville in Montego Bay and then returned to the ship. So here we were on the largest cruise ship in the world and my son and I had one of the main pools all to ourselves. There was no line at Johnny Rockets, and it was a nice quiet time...until the free Shaggy concert started!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:28 AM

My wife and I are really looking forward to our next cruise. Dave has a good point about having the ship to yourself when at a port.

Sonny
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I was just wondering if the excitement continues no matter how many cruises you have under your belt, I know I am excited just talking about planning another one.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I was just wondering if the excitement continues no matter how many cruises you have under your belt, I know I am excited just talking about planning another one.
I've been on a lot of cruises, and still get that same rush when I see the ship for the first time as I approach the port. The whole first day, and the anticipation of the cruise, is just as joyous as my first cruise in 1980. Maybe more so as time goes on.

Sandy
Old 06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
We are doing out 19th in January and can't wait to book 2 or 3 more for next year...We try to do 3 a year...and yes, we are running out of ports...but we don't care...staying back on the ship is half the fun too......If my wife could take long distance flying, we would start on Europe...but....Alaska, Caribbean, Mexico is plenty good enough....the only burnout I get is packing for the next cruise....Happy Cruising...and here's to MANY more for you.

Bob E

Closed Thread