Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Again, what a wonderful ship and crew! Capt. Johnnie was still in command, and up to his usual sense of humor. We did the Western route again this time, and had a wonderful time; although a little wet in some spots, no big deal.
I guess I can now answer my earlier post about how the Islans and their people faired after the storms that went through earlier this season. Except for Labadee, where we didn't get to go inland, everyone seems to have done well. Cozumel had done a fantastic job rebuilding the international piers, and they are nice and clean and firm once again. An amazing jump forward from last years look!
The intertainment onboard was up tp it's usual greatness, and Chops Grill was wonderful as usual.
We booked a Next Cruise this time-what a great idea! Keeps you in the moment looking forward to your next time...
To help answer previous questions-1) There was no hint of charges for a steak at dinner-as a matter of fact, 2) Friday night's choices were both a New York Strip, AND the fisherman's platter, which included the small Lobster tails-and our whole table had more than one with NO problems.
I was just a little disapointed in the Windjammer's fare for breakfast (and I DO mean LITTLE). Several items were cold (eggs,sausage). French Toast was very good tho... can you tell I'm a big breakfast guy!
Finally, my ONLY complaint about the ship- I have never been able to obtain COLD water from the bathroom sink faucet-luke warm is as cool as it ever got. Like I said, if that's my only problem, it was another successful cruise! My wife and I are going to miss Mariner when she goes to the left coast.
If anyone has any questions I can answer, please ask away.
Sonny, have a great time on yout BTB!
She's waiting for your arrival!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:54 AM

Welcome back Jim1012, it sounds like it was another winner! Sorry about the cold food, did y'all try the restaurant for breakfast? We don't go very often, but once in a while it's a nice change of pace. I like the buffets for breakfast and lunch, because I never know what I'm in the mood for until I see it. NCL has some GREAT sticky buns on their buffet for breakfast. Glad to see you booked another, it does help ease the pain of debarkation Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Seems like it takes forever for your cruise to get there, then boom-it's over in a flash!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Capt. Johnnie was still in command, and up to his usual sense of humor.
He is a character, isn't he? Nice to see someone who so obviously loves his job.

The extra-fee steak is only being tested on two ships - Freedom and Majesty.

I've never been wowed by the Windjammer breakfast, although I like the fried rice they put out at Jade in the mornings.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm with you dave, the windjammer breakfast has never really done it for me, but the fried rice is great.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

My usual is the dining room breakfast. My typical order: Either an omelet (ham, cheese, mushrooms) or poached eggs on toast, corned beef hash, hash browns, and sausage links. And of course, a sweet roll or two. Coffee and OJ. However, at least once on a 7-nighter I have to get the lox and bagel plate.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM

jim glad to hear you had a good time, I have been on this ship 3 times. and yes you are right the breakfest is so so in windjammer best thing to do is always order the omlets he will make it up fresh in front of you and then it will be hot to your specs mike
Old 09-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Welcome back! I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful cruise. Thanks for wishing me a great time—I'll do my best to make it as good as yours was. What kind of stateroom did you have?

Sonny
Old 09-30-2008, 04:23 AM

Dave, I LIKE your breakfast choices; I could eat like that every day, did in the service, but have to watch that intake of the grease now..

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Sonny V-we had a D-2 balcony (9610) just at the forward start of the port side bump. Seemed just a little tighter than our other cabin (9602)-probably due to location and the bump area. Good luck and have a great time! We're really going to miss her when she leaves in January.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:03 PM

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Mariner! I had a fabulous time on her in April and we all loved Captain Johnny (coming to you from....the bridge )

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09

Closed Thread