Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Everything in the Cafe Promenade is free - pizza, sandwitchees, doughnuts, cookies, coffee, tea, and fruit. You will have to pay for any specialty coffee, even in the dining room. Juice is free unless you what freshly squeezed orange juice. Also, if you don't see anything on the dinner menu you have an appetite for, you can always order a steak. If you see price for steak on the menu, it's for a steak from Chops. Otherwise, there is no charge for steak.

Walkie-talkies don't always work. I bought a set at Radio Shack for $65 that got me by most of the time. Remember, there a other people with the same idea in mind, communication can get a little crowded. There are phones in different locations on the ship (like at the elevators) where you can just dial your room number.

Sonny
Old 08-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Sonny Thanks..does Freedom offer walkie talkies? Or is it not worth it?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 PM

I've been on a lot of cruise ships and never saw them offer walkie-talkies for rent. If you purchase them at home before the cruise and learn how to use them, you'll be ready to use them correctly on the ship. If they don't work for you, you'll have 30 days to return them for full refund. I have a pair that I bought two years ago that worked fine for me. Remember the range on the ship isn't far. Most of the time you'll only get about half the lenght of the ship. It might not be worth the trouble in your case.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Carnival actually rents them. For what you'd pay to rent them you probably could buy a set.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 AM

IslandCruz and Sunny..THANKS!!

I'm thinking paper and a pen will do..giving him love notes every morning.

It seems like the closer we get the more questions I have. I really think I over worry abut certain things.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 PM

Hey Candace R,

Have not been on the Freedom of the Seas, but did sail the Independence which I am pretty sure it pretty much same as FoS. Regular coffee was free everywhere on ship. Specialties - Seattles Best if I recall was a charge. There was no coffee card for specialty coffees the way there is with Princess. Soda card was somewhere in the range of six dollars per day I recall. The ice skating show is awesome. The cruise daily newsletter will let you know what time to line up outside Sorrentos on the Promenade Deck to get your free tickets. Be there at least one hour before the time they say. Otherwise, you will not get your choice. We ate in Chops I believe it was for an extra $25 per person and I found food great but my husband thought it was similar to the dining room so why spend the extra money. We had on board credit so it did not matter. The Promenade is a great place to while away the the evening people watching. One of the nights there was a Disco Saturday Night Fever party on the Promenade and it was fabulous. All in all RCCL puts out a great product. We made use of the NEXT Cruise reservation while on board and put down a deposit for a future cruise of $100 per person and it gives us onboard credit for our next cruise, which we have reserved just yesterday for Liberty of the Seas during March break 2011. YOU CAN'T BUT HAVE A GREAT TIME. TAKE IT ALL IN STRIDE. CHEERS.

Closed Thread

Tags
account, caribbean, costs, cruise, dinner, extra, freedom, line, majesty, mystery, onboard, royal, seas, ship, spending, things