Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 AM

I need help...

Husband and I are going on Freedom on October 24th till 31st (2010). Where can we find if there are shows or any other activities on board? And prices for thses activities. I know (Or I think) we can not pre-pay for them now, But would like to get some idea of how much extra $$$ we should bring for these.
Thanks for all your help

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 AM

Candice

If you go here there are two itineraries of the cruise compass from October 2009. Not sure what activities / shows that you are interested in.

The evening shows (production showtimes) are free. What time you go depends on what dinner seating you have, with the exception of the first night. That night there is usually one show for all guests. Don't worry. If you have the late seating for dinner, the show will be done in time. On my last cruise on the Enchantment the cruise director stated "We learned this a long time ago. You never ever, interfere with food."

The only thing you may need to get tickets for, but I believe there is no cost for, is the ice skating show. Look in your cruise compass that for where they will be giving out tickets. It's usually on the first full day of the cruise, when you are at sea.

There is a charge for the Bingo sessions, which is somewhere around $35 per session I think. However, you cannot use cash for this.

Royal Caribbean uses a cashless system. Your room key also acts as your onboard spending account. Anytime you make a purchase they will ask for your SeaPass card. Whether it's wine at dinner, shopping on the Promenade, etc.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 AM

MCPayne
Thanks.. Regarding room key and spending account when we board or at anytime after can we put money on our "account"? Or should we go down nightly and pay off what we put on our room key? We did do a Disney cruise a couple years ago..We were able to go "front desk"(Can't remember proper name) and use cash to pay off any balance we had (If we had balance)..I THINK we used cash to do this.
Thanks again..
Your getting close to your cruise..Bet your getting excited

Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure exactly how it works. I believe when you do the online check in, you can give them either a credit card for your onboard spending account that they will link the SeaPass to, or when you check in at the pier, give them a cash deposit.

Someone else may be able to answer this better than I can.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:43 AM

Candice

I found this on the FAQ's section of Royal Caribbean's website. Hope it helps.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:18 PM

MCPayne,

Thanks..Your a big help

Old 08-14-2010, 06:47 PM

All the shows are free. There is a fee for bingo but you can use cash if you choose. There is no need to pay off any balance each night unless you just want to. Things on Royal Caribbean ships are easy and laid back. They truly want you to have fun and enjoy the week. Were going on the Freedom over Thanksgiving.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:39 PM

The ice show is free--don't miss it because it's awesome! I see a lot of people walk by the Cafe' Promenade on deck 5 because they think they have to pay for the coffee and other goodies--that's free too. You can also order room service at no extra cost unless it's between midnight and 5am. I believe it's a $3.50 charge for that. If you decide to go to a specialty restaurant (Portofino's or Chops)the cost is $25 per person. Not a bad price for a 5 star restaurant. You'll love the food in the Windjammer which is the buffet on back of deck 11. Every thing there is free unless you order a drink from the bar or a coke. There is a Guest Relations Desk on deck 5 in the middle of the ship where you can get assistance on any of your questions or needs. If you board the ship before 1pm you won't be able to go directly to your stateroom. I always head for the Windjammer and enjoy my first meal on the ship. You're going to love everything about the Freedom of the seas - it's an awesome ship.

Sonny

Old 08-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Sonny

Thanks.. For some odd reason I thought you had to pay for coffee..Some how in same ball park as soda and juice..Although RCCL doesn't offer that kind of package. Not sure why I thought that..(probally cause every other beverage is NOT free)We are definatally doing chops reservation..I already booked the Mystery dinner in Portofino (1st night) Chops will be 2nd or last night of cruise.."free sailing" nights..NO stops.
I already got my husband to soda package (he said he will purchase mine).
Seriously thinking of renting walkie talkies..(I THINK Dave said or I read on website Freedom offers them)..I am an early bird I get up early 5 days a week for work..habit thing. And I thinks it's cheaper to rent them than to go through Verizon wireless to get the international charge for a week (or whatever they call it)..So in case I go work out or go get myself lost on ship he can find me (through walkie talkie)

Thanks ALOT

Old 08-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Candice

I think as far as coffee it depends on what you get and where you get it from. Example, on my last cruise, on the Enchantment, they had a specialty coffee house, Latte-tudes. If you got it from there, it would cost you.

In the case of the Freedom, depending upon what you get from the Cafe Promenade, it is my understanding that there are some items that are free and some that are not.

In the dining room, if you want coffee with your dessert, that is included and there is no extra charge for that.

Closed Thread

Tags
account, caribbean, costs, cruise, dinner, extra, freedom, line, majesty, mystery, onboard, royal, seas, ship, spending, things