Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 AM

One of the people in our cruise has become ill with Vertigo and can't make the cruise. He and his wife both have insurance. Will it be hard for both of them to get a refund.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Of course a lot depends on the policy, but no, it should not be a problem--that's what we buy insurance for. Most policies I have seen state you can cancel for any reason.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:14 PM

On our last cruise, my sister was to share a jr. suite with us, but at the last minute she decided not to go. We didn't even ask for a refund, given the fact that this decision was made at the last minute and we did not purchase the insurance. A few weeks after our cruise, we received a check from RCCL for her portion of the fare. Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised. It's these kinds of things that keep bringing us back to RCCL.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator

As f-mattox correctly noted, it depends on the insurance policy. For instance, if this was a pre-existing condition, the policy wording will be crucial. But be assured that if he gets a refund, so will his wife. (Most, if not all, policies provide for immediate family traveling with you.)

I hope he is feeling better soon.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM
LanieB, that is an amazing story! Three cheers for RCCL!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 05:48 AM

Last April we had to cancel a cruise because my wife's mother fell and broke her hip. She wasn't going on the cruise with us but we still got a full refund. This happened a week before our cruise. The only thing not refunded was the cost of the insurance and our airfare. We didn't buy insurance for the airfare. It took a couple of weeks before we were refunded.

Sonny
Old 02-09-2007, 08:35 AM

I haven't been on a cruise yet. For my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, they decided to take the whole family (14 in total - kids and grandkids) on a cruise for Christmas. 9 family members made it to Miami and the cruise, and 5 of us (including my parents) missed a connecting flight in Chicago (darn airlines). We never made it to Miami or the cruise. Spent 26 hours in O'Hare trying to get on a flight - no luck. We were so disappointed. My dad bought trip insurance and we're still waiting to see if he'll get his money back. In the meantime (Dec 26th), my dad booked the 5 of us on the same cruise for spring break (and upgraded us to balcony rooms!). 5 weeks and counting until our very first cruise!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:13 AM

Hi Susan, welcome to Cruise-Chat. What happened to you is why I always suggest leaving a day before the cruise.

Sonny
Old 02-09-2007, 09:57 AM

Sonny -

We did leave a day before our cruise. We were to fly to Miami on Friday, stay over and then go to the ship on Saturday. We also thought leaving a day early was the smart plan.

Susan
Old 02-09-2007, 10:57 AM

WOW! I never heard of that happening before. You would think leaving a day before would be a sure way to make your cruise. Which ship and when is your cruise? You'll love having a balcony.

Sonny

Closed Thread