Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 11:19 AM

Can anyone give us an idea of our chances of having good weather end ofDec early Jan in the Bahama area? looking at a 4 day cruise right now. Thanks Plus any Sovereign of the Seas info for a family of 2 teenagers and a young adult would help
Old 09-15-2006, 11:45 AM

It should be low to mid 80s during the day and low to mid 70s at night. The further south, the warmer. Best wishes!
Old 09-16-2006, 05:40 PM

Your weather should be storm free. We went last Dec/Jan 05 the weather was great. We had no rain and in the 80s. Enjoy
Old 09-20-2006, 11:44 AM

I'm so glad you asked this question. I was wondering the same thing. I have cruised anywhere from March-Novemeber.. but my next cruise will be December 15-18. And, it will be on the Sovereign. I usually cruise on the Sovereign b/c it leaves out of Port Canaveral and that's closer than Miami. I thoroughly enjoy this cruise. You really can't go wrong, with as cheap as it is.

About your teenagers... depending on if they're 13 or 17 (that's a big difference as far as activities are concerned) there are a lot of fun things to do! They have special parties and dance clubs for the teens ONLY. There are all kinds of activities- like scavenger hunts and holiday focused events (if there is a holiday near). I have 2 younger cousins (13 & 15) who really enjoy themselves.

As for your young adult, and possibly your teenagers if they're older, there are tons of things to do. The dance clubs have themed nights. I think 70's night and 80's night? Sometimes Pajama Parties. And, depending on your sense of humor, you do not want to miss the 2 games shows. They have done these EVERY time I have cruised the Sovereign. First, The Quest. This one is a little risque, but absolutely hilarious. Audience participation is a must! They will request articles of clothing, things out of your purse, and a little bit of body language.. and it gets crazy! Second, Love and Marriage Game Show. They have 3 couples (newlyweds, 10 years married, and 20+ years- I'm not positive about that 10 & 20, but you get the idea). It's pretty much the old gameshow- The Newlywed Game Show. The object to see how well the couples know each other. And the questions get embarrassing.

I hope you all have a great time! Depending on if you've already booked, maybe we'll be on the same cruise? Happy Sailings!

Caribbean Hotels & Resorts
Old 09-20-2006, 07:00 PM

Well there are lots of activities for all age groups including kids and young adults on the ship and in coco cay. They also have lots of games and activities for them to get involved in and a lot of things for the family. Just check your daily activities sheet which is in your stateroom everynight and it tells you where to go. Make sure you get the soda (Coke) decal it will save you a lot of money. The weather will be great that time of year and in the Bahama's they will have a Fireworks show on some of the nights (It varies) so look for them. Have a great trip

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM

Does anyone know what the weather is like in March?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:17 PM

kj,

was on majesy in march, weather was outstanding with sun and warm temputures in the 80's

later,

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 AM

I, too, traveled on the Majesty in March, 3 years ago. The weather was really nice... the water was cold though. But, please take into consideration that I am a native Floridian and anything under 80 degrees is cold to me. Even still, it wasn't cold enough to keep me from snorkeling. What an awesome experience!

Caribbean Hotels & Resorts

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, bahamas, caribbean, cruis, cruise, december, good, idea, jan, january, royal, today, weather