Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi RCCL cruisers..I know that you probably see lots of questions on dress codes..I have worn a tux in the past and also brought a sport coat and tie for informal nights. What is the take on suit vs tux and shirt and tie with no jacket?
Also, we are considering RCCL's excursion on Belize to Turneffe Atoll finished up with a beach break on an island; departs from pier 3.5 hrs. $74. each. Also on Costa Maya, perhaps RCCL's Clear Kayak and Beach Break at the beach club; cost $78. per adult. Any input would be very helpful..Thanks in advance.. Cruising Explorer of the Seas 4/8/07.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-06-2007, 03:49 PM
you are safe with a suit. Tuxs are wonderful but not the only option for formal any more. The sport jacket, shirt and tie are also good for informal nights. the only thing i do not like are the shorts at dinner but I have seen them worn.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM

One thing i don't understand, what would the difference be between the formal night suit and the informal night where the guys wears literally the same thing again, with the exception of a sport jacket instead of a suit jacket. I would think that on informal night, the guy can come without a tie, but a shirt and a jacket would be smart casual. Any thoughts!!!

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 AM

I wear a tux or suit on formal night. On the semi-formal night I wear a sport jack with a mock turtle neck. No need for a tie if you hate wearing one like I do.

Sonny

Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 AM

Thanks all! SONNYV, I like the idea of jacket and mock turtle neck as I had to wear suits and/or sports jackets for 36 years in my former employment and sometimes I get the shivvers when I have to do it! Still looking for feed back on booking excursions on Belize and Costa Maya through RCCL or private companies. Thinking about quality and cost comparisons. Thanks again.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 PM

When in Belize we did the cave tubing. I was a hightlite of your cruise. In Costa Maya we just hung around the dock area, which is a great place to spend the day. COSTA MAYA

Sonny

Closed Thread