Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM

I have been on over 20 cruises and I have found that oct, Nov, great times A good rule of thumb is 100.00 per person per day sometimes a little less or a little more, I have used cruiseonly.com and lateley just call the cruise line direct.. the most expensive is using a local agent. Also try last minute booking (2 weeks before ship leaves, if you are flexible mike
Old 09-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Sorry cruise boy. Have to disagree with you that local travel agents are more expensive. Finding a good agent is the key. There may be occasions an agent is higher. (most likely because the others are rebating against the rules). Then there might be times an agent is lower. So you come out even. But where the others can't compete is the service and knowledge a travel agent can provide. That alone can be worth it's weight in gold. Agents will be your advocate every step of the process before, during, and after the cruise. By using an agent you can talk to the same person every time you have a question. Agents can save you time and money in their recommendations of a cruise line, ship, excursions, providing information on what to do, and what not to do. They will have the updated information on passports, visas, security and safety issues. Agents can package together your air, pre-hotel, transfers, and save you money. They can advise you on which hotels to use, and why one location could save you money over another. The agents do this as a profession on a daily basis. They have all the insight that an individual may not even consider. Using an agent can save you money in the long run.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm with you Cruise Fanatic......

A good TA will help you out and you have someone you know to come with any problems that might come up...I'm going on my 21st cruise and have always used a TA....Nothing has ever gone wrong.....Plus after sitting on a snowy runway in Minnesota a few years back thinking the plane wasn't taking off...I now buy insurance...

Happy Cruising now matter how you get on the ship...:-)...

Bob E
Old 09-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator

"A bargain is not always a bargain". "You get what you pay for". I use an agent and have always been glad I did so.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I have never used a agent, I'm my own travel agent i shop around until i find the best deal. One great site for anyone who have a sams club card is I have saved several hundred dollars on my cruise last November using them.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Administrator

I need to remind everyone that posting links to travel agencies is a violation of our rules. You can mention them but not provide a live link.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 PM

Check for specials every Tuesday on Royal Caribbean's Promowave list.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Once again, I will remind everyone that violations of the forum Terms Of Service include posting links which provide cruise pricing, specials, agencies, etc. For those who don't understand, please read our Terms Of Service again here
Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM

I have tried a local agent, but he even said he could not get the prices I got, and said they can not compete with online and buying direct with cruise line.. Once an agent Handed me a brochue and said I can give you a little better price then what is listed. I laughed and said thank you ... every body knows no one pays what is printed.. All am saying is do your home work before you go to the " agent". Dave is right it is not for every body... but if you do some of the work. you can save alot of money..
Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 PM

cruise boy, my next cruise will be my 47th cruise with RCCL (15 YEARS OF CRUISING) and my best dealings were with "agents". But, what do I know, I don't have as many years of cruising as some people. Did I mention I've cruised on other cruise lines too?

Closed Thread

Tags
20, cheap, cheapcruisescom, christmas, cruiseonlycom, cruises, daves, legit, review, somethings, week, yahoo