Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Cheap Cruises???? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/15868-cheap-cruises.html)

JP4HIM 09-17-2008 07:25 PM

My friends and I are wanting to go on a cruise. We are 20 somethings so we can take a vacation really anytime through the year. That being said, I was wondering if anyone knew of a time that was the "cheapest" to go on a carribbean cruise. I know the most popular is probably summer, holidays, and spring breaks- but I have no other information! Thanks in advance for the advice!!

Berick1234 09-17-2008 08:11 PM

I've been on 20 cruises and what I've seen is that the 2 weeks before Christmas has always been the best two weeks for find a cheap cruise...Mostly because of the Holidays coming up and not many people booking at that time...
I've also booked cruises the first and second weeks in January....cheap because people have spent their money for the Holidays....but anytime is a great time to Cruise....Happy cruising....

Bob E

Dwayne 09-18-2008 01:11 AM

Another time for a less expensive Caribbean cruise is prime hurricane season. I personally quit doing it though. Not worth the worry for me as I live on the coast. I'm not going to be worried about my cruise and my home at the same time if something pops up.

Dwayne

CruiseMstr 09-18-2008 04:31 AM

I have found that depending on what cruise line that you go on and how many days that you would like to go, You can find a cheap cruise pretty much through out the year, I went in February last year and me and my spouse tickets were 278 a piece. If you like the larger newer ships then you may pay a lil more, but its all about what you would want.

billybuzzy 09-18-2008 06:09 AM

Actually there are inexpensive and affordalble cruises almost any time of year-if you are willing to scout them out! However, many of them are relatively last minute bookings and they usually require travelling to the port of embarkation some distance awy. Unless you are willing to pay the new Airfreight costs-it becomes intimidating! Lucky are those of us who live close to a major port!

BillyBuzzy

TexCruise 09-18-2008 06:40 AM

4 day cruise on Majesty is running around $129 for an inside cabin for the next couple of weeks if a person get get away that quickly.

Boo 09-18-2008 06:56 AM

I've been on about 3 cruises and it seems to me that the fall and winter trips are the cheapest. I'm going on one in mid-Nov. and I got our room with a view for 300 per person with all taxes, tips and fees included. Just make sure when you book your trip to keep checked the price because the price will fall sometimes. My trip was costing us 350 per person with NO view. RRC lowered the price enough with in the last week that I was able save $50 on my interior room on deck 2 then two days later the price changed again. I was able to upgrade to a obstructive view on the 8 deck at NO extra charge, but keep in mind I'm on one of the smaller ships. To get the price change adjustment, just give them a call and tell them you want the lower price room. Hope this helps.

billybuzzy 09-18-2008 07:05 AM

Boo - Welcome to cruise-chat,you will have many friends here,and we all exchange great quantities of tips and info here! I see that even though you are new to this forum you already know one of the keys to being an avid cruiser-check the fares often and you will save plenty of cash! We are glad to have you aboard! Keep sharing!

BillyBuzzy

spoheat 09-18-2008 02:29 PM

We have gotten really good deals in January which is a grand time to get out of Minnesota!

CruiseMstr 09-18-2008 03:10 PM

Another way of gettting cheap cruises is to book your cruise through cheaptickets, expedia etc... And also if you're a triple A card holder you can book through them as well i have saved hundreds of dollars using them and also using sams club travel if you are a sams club card holder as well.