Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Can anyone give me tips on booking my first cruise?? My boyfriend and I are looking to go to the caribbean for at least 10 nights. Any ideas and or tips??

Thanks
Old 09-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Shopgirl,
The best thing you can do is find a local Travel Agent that specializes in cruises. They can qualify you to which cruise line best suits your needs and personality. You can look for a Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) agent in your area by going to CLIA's website. www.cruising.org . There are many different cruise lines out there that might meet your needs based on age, income level, and of course the itinerary you are looking at sailing.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
My advice: a travel agent....compare prices with the official website. We've done a 7 day western caribbean with RCL- loved it. Balcony room is great if you can afford it.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:22 PM

You have great advice so far. Not much to add without knowing what you like to do. There are different boats for different folks. The Mega ships usually have more to offer as far as activities go. Ice skating, rock climbing, and some even have a surfing simulator. If your mind is set on doing at least a 10 night cruise, you might want to look into a Panama Canal cruise. Next month my wife and I are going for 5 nights on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. When we get off, we're taking a cab to Miami and getting on the Liberty of the Seas. That's 12 nights, and we break it up by going on two different ships. Some people do back to back cruises. If you did that, you just stay on the same ship. Usually the ship does alternate itineraries each week. I hope this gives you some ideas.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
cruising