Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2003, 12:15 PM

My wife and I are considering booking a cruise in November on any cruise line, most likely for the Caribbean. We are currently planning a trip with a group of people from her workplace. (My co-workers are boring). Should we do anything different or special so that we all manage to stay together? Can we request that we be put on the same deck? Same dinner time? What sorts of trouble will we have in shoeing off the many little rascals? (We don't have kids yet). How much "audio privacy" is afforded in the staterooms? (I imagine that you can figure that one out). Should we get there a day in advance so that we all can meet up, or is that just a waste of time? I am just mainly concerned with the logistics of a larger group (8-12) all being able to stick together so that one couple won't feel left out. (We are all new at cruising, none have cruised B-4). I appreciate any response. It seems that there are plenty of knowledgable folks here!
Old 02-27-2003, 12:15 PM

My wife and I are considering booking a cruise in November on any cruise line, most likely for the Caribbean. We are currently planning a trip with a group of people from her workplace. (My co-workers are boring). Should we do anything different or special so that we all manage to stay together? Can we request that we be put on the same deck? Same dinner time? What sorts of trouble will we have in shoeing off the many little rascals? (We don't have kids yet). How much "audio privacy" is afforded in the staterooms? (I imagine that you can figure that one out). Should we get there a day in advance so that we all can meet up, or is that just a waste of time? I am just mainly concerned with the logistics of a larger group (8-12) all being able to stick together so that one couple won't feel left out. (We are all new at cruising, none have cruised B-4). I appreciate any response. It seems that there are plenty of knowledgable folks here!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:34 PM

Depending on the ship, most are pretty soundproof. If you're going with a group, go to a travel agent together, and basically decide what you want beforehand. If you're going to be 8, you could probably sit together, but if you're 12, it would be more likely than not, 2 tables of 6 each. Find a reputable travel agent that specializes in cruises only if possible. Have you like and dislikes listed, and wanting to have fun without a lot of children around. I'm sure they'll be able to work something out for you. Trying to get possibly 6 couples to agree on something is going to be the task. We're working on something for next year, and can't even get 3 couples to agree. That's where you'll have the biggest problem.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:57 PM

Your first step is to get with a good travel agent. When you make your bookings the agent simply has to request that you all be cross-referenced for dining. It will be your choice as to whether or not you want all of the cabins located together or not.

Depending on how many people end up deciding to go along (sometimes you end up with more people hearing about the cruise and deciding to go along) you might be able to get group rates. If the time you are going is at a good price, your travel agent may even want to book a group and get prices and promote it.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!
Old 07-04-2003, 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marbru:
Your first step is to get with a good travel agent. When you make your bookings the agent simply has to request that you all be cross-referenced for dining. It will be your choice as to whether or not you want all of the cabins located together or not.

Depending on how many people end up deciding to go along (sometimes you end up with more people hearing about the cruise and deciding to go along) you might be able to get group rates. If the time you are going is at a good price, your travel agent may even want to book a group and get prices and promote it.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!
Old 07-04-2003, 03:31 PM

How many people would we need to book for a group, and are the rates cheaper?
Old 07-05-2003, 08:05 AM

A bunch of us went on a Caribbean cruise in January(9 couples). Our travel agent arranged for us to be right next to each other and we did get two tables at dinner that were next to each other. I agree with the others. Get a good TA and they should take care of this for you. Hopefully the cruise will not be to booked so you can be door to door with your friends. It is a lot of fun. We played many jokes on the others. Had a blast!

Good luck

Closed Thread