Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 06:01 PM

Hi ... first off, let me say what a great find on the internet...this site is awesome. We are travelling with our 5 yr old and would love to go on the Explorer on the Seas, however are unsure if there will be lots of kids her age at this time of year. Should we just wait till March to travel with her?

Any opinions would be most appreciated!
Kelley
Old 11-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Hi Welcome to Cruise-Chat. I went on the Explorer last summer. There were TONS of kids, of all ages. I can not imagine, there would not be at least a few kids in her age group in January. Are you thinking about March for spring break? I personally would book whatever is cheapest/more convenient for you. She will have a blast with a few kids, or a ton of kids. My husband and I enjoyed the Explorer very much. We never felt it was overridden by kids. The over 16 yr solarium is great, with 2 jacuzzis and a nice pool. Enjoy and welcome. Lil' Lori P.S. DON'T miss the first night parade down the promenade. They have crewmembers dressed up in awesome costumes, of sea creatures and such. It is way cool.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-15-2005, 06:42 AM

Kelley,
While the Explorer will not be overrun with children in January, there will still be a good number in your daughter's age range. In fact, I might suggest it would be even better that way. The child to staff ratio would be much better in January, so it would only seem to follow that she would receive a greater deal of attention. In any case, the children's program on the Explorer is awesome and your duaghter will have a ball (as will you).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-15-2005, 10:58 AM

There won't be so many teenagers and older children on the cruise in January and that might be a good thing for her.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I've got enough feedback to convince my husband that this is the right time and the right cruise for us. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:32 PM

I would suggest you go in January intead of waiting for spring break. There will be enough children in January and I agree that the couselor to child ratio will be much better in January. The ship overall will be much more crowded during spring break.

The very first time we went on a cruise was over Christmas. The ship was so crowded that I refused to go on a cruise again. It took my wife 4 years to get me to try cruising again. The second time we went was in the first week of December--one of the slowest times of the year. We both loved this cruise and have been on 8 more since.

Take your child in January and have a wonderful time.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dtae, january, kids