Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 05:33 AM

We have cruised just a little...1 Disney and 1 time on RCL Mariner. We have booked a cruise on the Liberty and have a couple of questions for anyone who might be able to help us. On the Mariner we booked a Grand Suite and have done so again on the Liberty. WE found the Mariner concierge room very crowded and busy serving Diamond members and had heard that on the Liberty the Seas the suites had one concierge area and the Diamond members another special one just for them. Also wondering if there is a snack spot up by the pools on the Liberty, pizza, burgers that kind of stuff. With kids really miss the Disney set-up of a poolside snack shack and hated on the Mariner having to trudge all wet into the Windjammer to get something to bring out and try to get the kids to eat something! Any help about these 2 questions greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

There is no snack bar or grill on the pool deck of the Freedom class ships. There is a juice bar (Squeezes, I think) and the Sprinkles soft serve ice cream station. You have to go inside to the Windjammer or up to Johnny Rockets for food.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:00 PM

I do recall on my Liberty cruise there was a buffet table set up near the kids h2o zone. I think it was the sea days. I do not remember if this was every day, but I do recall it.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I do recall on my Liberty cruise there was a buffet table set up near the kids h2o zone. I think it was the sea days. I do not remember if this was every day, but I do recall it.
When were you aboard? This was not the case last June, and I haven't seen it on the Freedom.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:47 PM

Hello Catattack, welcome to Cruise-Chat!
The concierge on deck nine is for all passengers in a grand suite or above. The Diamond Club on deck 13 is for all diamond and diamond plus members. I recall some people from suites coming up to the Diamond Club lounge because it was better, and the view is fantastic. You can use your concierge card to get into the Diamond Club also.

The pool area is on deck 11 and there is a Johnny Rockets on deck 12…about same location as on the Mariner. I think the Windjammer is about the same distance from the pool, but you will need to put some clothes on. There's also an ice cream machine by the pool. I you make a trip to the Windjammer before going to the pool area, you could bring a plate of snacks out with you.

Sonny
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 PM

We were on the Liberty in February and there was a buffet set up by the H2O zone some days, possibly just the at sea days. They had the hamburger/hot dog pizza stuff, fruit, things you would grab and eat by the pool. We didn't eat there, sorry I can't be more specific. My kids were never hardshipped at having to put on flip-flops and a shirt to walk 60 feet to get something to eat in comfort at an actual table.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Having food lines and grills by the pools may be convenient, but it also creates a nuisance with tables being bussed, food spilled on the deck, etc. I had thought RCI was going with keeping it indoors as much as possible, but obviously if they are setting up a satellite buffet it is because of passenger comments.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:06 AM

Thanks everyone for all your help!! Guess we just got spoiled on the Disney with that one particuliar feature. They do a GREAT job with serving, bussing, cleaning etc. It actually generally was cleaner poolside with food stuff than the Mariner with people bringing stuff up from the Windjammer. Maybe because they are set up to specifically clean up for it. And getting a 4 and 6 year old away from a pool can be an issue. Nothing wrong with wanting fun and convenience on vacation I think! All that said...it is not enough to keep us away from a Grand Suite on the Liberty with all the wonderful things it has to offer for the same price as a Balcony on a Disney ship.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 AM

spoheat, thanks for the back up. I was on the feb 23 sailing and it did have the light buffet at the h2o zone. My mind can play tricks on me.

catattack, have fun and enjoy the ship.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 AM

Nobody made mention of the pizza, cookies, sandwiches,etc. at the promanade. It's a little bit of a walk from the pool deck but is some great food for the go. I would think that one parent can watch the kids while the other gather some food for the clan. You can even take turns on different days. It's so easy even a Caveman can do it..
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
club, concierge, diamond, eat, grand, grill, liberty, members, owners, pool, rcl, review, sea, seas, suite, suites