Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 10:30 PM

Hi!
Anyone out there going on the Explorer besides me at the end of this month? It's just not warming up fast enough for me here in Wisconsin. So, I'm taking other measures to get the dose of sunshine I need. It would be nice to get to meet someone on this group on a cruise sometime. I'll buy you your favorite drink

Sonny
Old 04-15-2007, 01:18 PM

We are going on the explorer for our first cruise, but we will be getting off as you are getting on.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:24 PM

SonnyV,
I will not be seing you on the explorer this year, but I'll take that drink some other time. I hope you have a great time. I tend to agree with you, it would be great to meet some of the people on this forum. Everyone is nice and seem to always have a good time when cruising.
I could not help but noticed that in October you have a pre-cruise before your big cruise. You will have to report back to us after the Liberty. She will be a beuty.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Nica, if you want that drink bad enough, you'll have to book one of those cruises in October. Did you know about the new policy on booking on board to get an onboard credit? When on your Mariner cruise check it out with the Loyality Embassador. You only put down $100 per person and you can decide what cruise you want to use that booking on within the next 3 years. The money you paid is applied to the down payment and you get a $100 on board credit. How cool is that?

Sonny
Old 04-16-2007, 11:08 AM

SonnyV,
I had seen a thread referring to the extra credit a person received after booking back to back cruises while aboard. I was thinking about doing so in one of the next two cruises. Also, I saw that there were some plans for a cruise-chat cruise for next year. I have not seen anything else on the subject. Are you thinking on going?
I would be interested on such a trip. It would be fun to meet everyone or most of the people with whom you chat on line. I just want you to know that you might have made me become a loyal RCI cruiser. I want that diamond club membership. It will take a little while, but we'll get there. Who knows, we might see each other in one of those cruises.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 PM

Nica, if you book a back to back you don't get an extra cruise credit. Back to back cruise are seperate booking numbers, therefore, you get a credit for eack booking. However, if you book a 12 or 14 night cruise you will get two credits for that one booking. If you book a Junior suite or above you will earn an extra cruise credit. So, just book a suite for a week and you'll have two cruise credits.

Hope I didn't mess up your mind...

Sonny
Old 04-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You only put down $100 per person and you can decide what cruise you want to use that booking on within the next 3 years. The money you paid is applied to the down payment and you get a $100 on board credit. How cool is that?
OK - let me get this straight. I can put a reservation on a cruise, that I don't have to commit to a specific date for 3 years, pay less than half the normal reservation rate and get an onboard credit? Is that $100/person or per room?

Sounds like a good deal to me! What if it turns out that due to some unfortunate circumstance, I can't commit to a cruise. Have I lost my deposit?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-16-2007, 02:10 PM

SonnyV,
that was a mouthfull. I am still trying to digest it, but I think I got it. Hementionedhat he got $100.00 on board credit, but did not verify if it was for each sailing or for just one. However, the question by lpjpane is a good one can you help us. Also, can you tell us if the $100 is per person per cruise/ per cruise or how it works.
Just took a look at some of your pics, it looks pretty cold at your house. I have an uncle who lives in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. All his kids are going to college here in georgia or in Las Vegas. I think it has to do with all that snow.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-16-2007, 06:35 PM

OK - I just hung up with RCL. As Sonny said, if you book while onboard, you pay a $100/person non-refundable deposit. You will receive a $50 onboard credit for a 3-5 night cruise or $100 for 6-8 nights. The credit goes up as your nights increase. You receive a coupon that enables you to book whatever ship/date you want. The coupon does not expire. When you have the specifics of the date/ship you want to book, you redeem your coupon and pay the remaining deposit that's due.

Basically - you're getting an onboard credit to let RCL play with your money. Still seems like a good deal if you have a few hundred laying around and you know you're going to be cruising again soon.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-17-2007, 06:10 AM

lpjpane, thank you for the info, but is the $100.00 per cabin reserved? Does it go up if you reserve a balcony or above? I will definetely talk to someone on my next cruise about this.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Closed Thread