Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2006, 05:29 PM

wahoo going on my first rc cruise explorer of the seas in oct. wahoooooooo cant wait. Its going to be a long summer waiting. Anyone else going too?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:05 PM

Hi,
The Explorer is one of our favorite ships. We won't be on her in Oct. but we will be on the Freedom on Oct 15th. Brent Joel is the international embassador on the Explorer. He is an old friend since we started cruising with Royal Caribbean in 1997. He will be the person who makes all the announcements in several languages. The him Esther and Sonny said hello.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 AM

Not going when you are, but we just got off of the Explorer last week. It was great! The only thing that I could tell you in comparing the ships to other Royal CAribbean ships is that we had a owners suite on the Navigator and it was much larger than on the Explorer. The balcony was much smaller also. The Concierge in the lounge on deck 9 (if you should get to meet him) , is SO NICE!!! I would go back on the Explorer just to get to visit him again! He was amazingly helpful with everything! Having the concierge lounge to go to everynight before dinner for a drink and snacks was also nice. Waiting there rather than in the hallways to get off the ship made it so much more pleasant!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:13 PM

Yes! We're on that cruise in October and it's our first cruise too. We're from Wales in the UK and it's also our first long distance flight. Where you from and who are you travelling with?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM

Cruisequeen2,
You said you were in a Grandsuite on the Explorer and a Owner's suite on the Navigator. If this is true, an owner's suite is bigger than a Grand suite.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:02 AM

No, I was NOT on a grand suite YET . I was on an owners suite on both the Navigator AND the Explorer and the Explorer was considerably smaller of a room. Still very nice though.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseQueen2:
No, I was NOT on a grand suite YET . I was on an owners suite on both the Navigator AND the Explorer and the Explorer was considerably smaller of a room. Still very nice though.
Sorry, I'm surprised there is a difference in the size. I know the Navigator and Mariner are a little different in the Voyager Class ships, but not in the size of the suites. Good to know if I book a suite on the Adventure next year. My next to bookings are a D-1 catagory.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 PM

Which cruise are you sailing? We'll be on the Oct 15 cruise. Looking forward to it. We sailed Freedom on June 11 the second sailing. Wow what a ship!!! We love to cruise.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David4:
Which cruise are you sailing? We'll be on the Oct 15 cruise. Looking forward to it. We sailed Freedom on June 11 the second sailing. Wow what a ship!!! We love to cruise.
It's the Crown & Anchor membership cruise on the Freedom. It will be our 30th cruise with Royal Caribbean, and we're suppose to be getting a crystal carving of the Freedom. Good timing for us that are 30th cruise is on the Freedom. Maybe we will get a chance to meet somewhere on the ship.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:12 PM

Sorry Sonny, but we have already sailed Freedom on June 11. The Oct 15th cruise is on Explorer of the Seas. Freedom was great, we had never been on a Voyager ship so Freedom seemed HUGE to us.

Closed Thread

Tags
anowners, book, caribbean, concierge, cruise, explorer, freedom, good, grand, lounge, owners, reviews, royal, seas, suite