Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 03:59 AM

Can anyone tell me the cost of ironing/laundry services on RCI Ships?

Old 06-01-2006, 02:57 PM

My husband is just preparing a website for all the costs onboard a RCCL ship. He will start with the laundry service tomorrow and will publish it on our website, but it will take two more days, until he´s finished.
If you want to wait here´s the link:
www.oppermann-wuppertal.de
and the link will be Radiance Hawaii.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM

Laundry isn't cheap. The price is per item. Here is a few item prices. You should get a good idea of what other things cost.
Pair of socks... $1.00
Shorts ... $3.00
Underware ... $1.25
Pants ... $3.50
Dry cleaning... A suit will cost you $7.00. A pair of slacks ... $4.50
If you have a balcony I would suggest bringing some laundry detergent along and washing items in the sink. Things dry very quickly over a chair on a balcony. If you don't have a balcony there is a drying line in your shower.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
I cannot speak for all RCCL ships but on the Wind there were a couple good deals. The first night a card was placed on our bed with a laundry bag. Basically is said you probably have clothes that have wrinkled in your suitcases. Tomorrow only you can have any clothes pressed for half price. I took advantage of that since most of my clothes were cotton. I believe I had 10 shirts pressed for $5.00. On the second to last night another card was placed on our bed with another laudry bag. This time it said you probably do not want to take a bunch of dirty laundry home. have all the laundry you can out in this bag laundered for $25.00 (I think that was the price) You can have all the bags you want. Bags were pretty good size. I put all 10 shirts in one bag. I did bring a small bottle of laundry detergant to hand wash some small things. Unless you have a balcony though as suggested it takes forever for anything to dry. Oh, how I love those laundromats on some ships.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Sorry, I misread. I was speaking about NCL and not RCCL. I was on the RCCL Vision and no specials were offered. No laudromat service either. The prices were pricey and I was not willing to pay them.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, laundromat, laundry, lines, pressing, rccl, royal, service, services