Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM

Is there an iron in the cabin? If not what did you do to handle wrinkles? Should I get a portable iron just in case?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM

Is there an iron in the cabin? If not what did you do to handle wrinkles? Should I get a portable iron just in case?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:27 AM

Hi,
There won't be an iron in your cabin. My wife puts every thing in plastic bags to elimate wrinkling. We also have a portable steamer which works great when you need it. Even on delicate items you wouldn't want to put an iron on. We were on the Enchantment in August and loved it. We did the New England cruise. If you would like to take a peek at it including pictures of the gally and the bridge you can visit my photo site. Click on cruises and pick the ship. You will be able to find the pictures I mentions very easy. Here is my link
www.sonnyv.smugmug.com
Old 03-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Another way to avoid wrinkles is to roll your clothes up...it sounds weird but it does cut down on the wrinkling.
We just got back from AOS two weeks ago, and I had my formal gown pressed when we got there. It only cost $4 dollar and was well worth every penny!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:37 PM

[quote]Originally posted by jbrooks175:
Another way to avoid wrinkles is to roll your clothes up...it sounds weird but it does cut down on the wrinkling.
QUOTE]

My mom taught me that trick for our cruise last year! It worked! It also gave me more room in my suitcase to pack more clothes. This year I'm laying out everything ahead of time, and taking half of that. I brought way too much last year.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:25 PM

Please do NOT take an iron on board! You are not permitted to take irons or candles on board. Look at the horrible fire on Star Princess today, and they suspect it was started by just a single cigarette.

Pack carefully, wrap suits and dresses in dry cleaning plastic, and carry Downy Wrinkle Release. That Downy stuff works REALLY well, except you can wind up smelling like a bit flowery. If things are very wrinkled, give them to your Stateroom Attendant and have them pressed at the laundry.

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 03-23-2006, 05:36 PM

roxysmom,

Geoff & Janine are absolutely right. Irons are considered a major fire hazard and passengers must not bring them onboard. You can bring a steamer if you like.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 AM

Thank you for all the feedback! I travel for work and have a decent amount of luck with rolling but I'm not used to carrying formal items. My husband and I were each going to carry on a garment bag so hopefully that will help. I definatly don't want to be the one to burn the ship down! Thanks.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:45 AM

SONNYV - Your pictures were beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:04 AM

Roxysmom, you are very welcome. I wish I would have bought a digital camera long ago so I could share more. Can't wait to post the Freedom pictures in May.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bring, cabin, cabins, caribbean, cruise, enchantment, freedom, iron, portable, royal, seas, ship, stateroom, steam, steamer