Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 04:45 PM

I am sure it is an aft...Raphsody of the Seas 7654....Am I really mistaken? Thanks so much for all your help. Kindly Karen~

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005
http://www.myspace.com/thiakaren

Old 02-15-2007, 06:15 PM

Sonny...my fault completely....I gave the wrong name for the ship. It is Rhapsody...

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005

Old 02-15-2007, 06:20 PM
7654 on the Rhapsody IS an aft cabin;
but in your first post you said Radiance, on which 7654 is not an aft cabin.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:41 PM

f-mattox, actually aft doesn't mean the very back of the ship. I refer to the it as aft as so many others do. The very back of the ship is called the stern. Aft refers from midship toward the stern. Dave will correct me if I'm wrong. On the Radiance, the last 10 staterooms on deck seven seem to have large balconies, both on the starboard and port sides, and are E-1 catagory. On the very back there are 5 D-1 stateroom and 1 Royal family suite. I'm holding an April cruise on the Serenade ( E-1 balcony on deck ten just behind the bridge). If I go, I'm going to check out those balconies while on board.

Sonny
Old 02-16-2007, 03:46 AM
SonnyV you have been on so many cruises and you just keep on cruising, I guess the point I am trying to get at is could it be that much fun, this coming from someone who has NEVER cruised a day in her life ......Yet? I hope I enjoy it as much as you seem to have. I have heard alot about cruising from my family members who have done it more than once and they say seeing as I am going on the Freedom of the seas w/balcony I will get hooked I hope this is a true statement.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-16-2007, 05:45 AM

If I could, I would do a cruise every two months. My wife would do it every month. You'll know after your cruise if it's "that much fun". From what I hear, most people find cruising the best vacation they ever had. I think the people on this chat group will agree.

Sonny
Old 02-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Actually I am guilty of considering "aft" to be "stern" too. Sonny is correct about the subtle difference, although my Mac dictionary defines "aft" as "at, near, or towards the stern of a ship" so I guess using aft for stern is acceptable although not precise.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Thank you Dave.
And I want to clarify: I wasn't trying to correct Sonny; I was pointing out to Steve&Karen that thay had given us the wrong ship name; and that 7654 on the Rhapsody is a "stern" cabin, while 7654 on the Radiance is an aft, but not a stern cabin.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 AM

I was under the impression it was the Radiance. The Rhapsody has cabin 7654 in the very back of the ship (aft, stern, or whatever). Also, it's a D-1 with a huge balcony.
This is a cabin I would definately book. I owe Steve and Karen an apology. I think I have them confused. I told them they were in a E-1 catagory 9 cabins up from the back. That's where cabin 7654 is on the Radiance. Sorry Steve and Karen.

Sonny

Sonny
Old 02-16-2007, 02:43 PM

Again THANK YOU all for your help.Sonny you truly are a cruise expert

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, balconies, balcony, cabin, class, cruise, enchantment, gem, hawaiin, longer, norwegian, radiance, regular, seas, side